Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 12:21:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Charles Moose, DC sniper case top cop, 68
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Fri, 26 Nov 2021 20:21 UTC

As Chief of Police for Montgomery County, Maryland--where occurred many (but not all) of the teamed hits executed by the executed-by-Virginia John Muhammad (with his all-too-willing shoulda-ALSO-been-executed junior-jihad* partner-in-crime[s!] punk protege Lee Malvo)--Charles Moose coordinated much of the weeks-long pursuit of those two elusive sly killers.

The late Moose, who expired on Thanksgiving 2021, struck me repeatedly in interviews and his many press conferences during October 2002 as being a genuinely-nice-guy cop struggling with finding himself in way over his head in the national media spotlight.

This not-ready-for-prime-time aspect was unfortunately confirmed not by his merely penning a book on the case--that was appropriate and of course expected--but rather by launching his book tour before the trial was completed.

It's amazing no image consultants--to whom his publisher surely had ample access for the first-time author--counseled Moose as to the conspicuous and even utter idiocy of that decision.

But it's also sadly unfortunate fate didn't allow earnest public servant Moose more than 68 years.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
* Any reader deeming that gratuitous and maybe even factually-suspect should look up convict Malvo's sketches and notes regarding, among others, Saddam and bin Laden.

Re: Charles Moose, DC sniper case top cop, 68

<sns0bl$i6c$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11336&group=alt.obituaries#11336

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Charles Moose, DC sniper case top cop, 68
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 01:07:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 01:07 UTC

radioacti...@gmail.com <radioactiveseattle@gmail.com> wrote:
> As Chief of Police for Montgomery County, Maryland--where occurred many (but not all) of the teamed hits executed by the executed-by-Virginia John Muhammad (with his all-too-willing shoulda-ALSO-been-executed junior-jihad* partner-in-crime[s!] punk protege Lee Malvo)--Charles Moose coordinated much of the weeks-long pursuit of those two elusive sly killers.
>
> The late Moose, who expired on Thanksgiving 2021, struck me repeatedly in interviews and his many press conferences during October 2002 as being a genuinely-nice-guy cop struggling with finding himself in way over his head in the national media spotlight.
>
> This not-ready-for-prime-time aspect was unfortunately confirmed not by his merely penning a book on the case--that was appropriate and of course expected--but rather by launching his book tour before the trial was completed.
>
> It's amazing no image consultants--to whom his publisher surely had ample access for the first-time author--counseled Moose as to the conspicuous and even utter idiocy of that decision.
>
> But it's also sadly unfortunate fate didn't allow earnest public servant Moose more than 68 years.
>
> BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
> * Any reader deeming that gratuitous and maybe even factually-suspect should look
> up convict Malvo's sketches and notes regarding, among others, Saddam and bin
> Laden.

My views on the death penalty do not permit
"should have been executed" to be other than
a null set.

-=-=-

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Charles Moose, DC sniper case top cop, 68