Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T after you.

interests / alt.usage.english / add the same working logic as what done by the following script

SubjectAuthor
* add the same working logic as what done by the following scripthongy...@gmail.com
+* Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following scriptSnidely
|`- Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following scriptKerr-Mudd, John
+* Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following scriptPeter T. Daniels
|`* Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following scriptCDB
| `- Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following scripthongy...@gmail.com
`* Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following scriptKen Blake
 `- Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following scripthongy...@gmail.com

1
add the same working logic as what done by the following script

<ea3df8a8-bda1-4b8d-86d4-0599e4479795n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=110785&group=alt.usage.english#110785

Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 23:06:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: add the same working logic as what done by the following script
From: hongyi.z...@gmail.com (hongy...@gmail.com)
 by: hongy...@gmail.com - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 07:06 UTC

See here [1] for my following statement:

=== begin ===
So, I first use gzip -t to test the integrity of the compressed file, and remove it if it's a damaged one. Basically, I want to add the same working logic as what done by the following script.
=== end ===

Regarding the last sentence above, I think there are different ways of expressing it, as follows:

A. I want to add the same working logic as what done by the following script.
B. I want to add the same working logic as done by the following script.
C. I want to add the same working logic as the following script.

Any hints/comments/corrections will be highly appreciated.

[1] https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/-/issues/435#note_804828839

Regards,
HZ

Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following script

<mn.a0237e6187176693.127094@snitoo>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=110789&group=alt.usage.english#110789

From: snidely....@gmail.com (Snidely)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 00:35:26 -0800
 by: Snidely - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 08:35 UTC

is

--
"Inviting people to laugh with you while you are laughing at yourself
is a good thing to do, You may be a fool but you're the fool in

Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following script

<20220120114126.4b9b885701a5ea5f17040c19@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=110835&group=alt.usage.english#110835

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 11:41:26 +0000
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 11:41 UTC

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 00:35:26 -0800
Snidely <snidely.too@gmail.com> wrote:

> is

Agreed.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following script

<6f4d1861-458a-48bc-9abb-268376605a2en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=110865&group=alt.usage.english#110865

Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 07:00:15 -0800 (PST)
From: gramma...@verizon.net (Peter T. Daniels)
 by: Peter T. Daniels - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 15:00 UTC

On Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 2:06:07 AM UTC-5, hongy...@gmail.com wrote:
> See here [1] for my following statement:
>
> === begin ===
> So, I first use gzip -t to test the integrity of the compressed file,
> and remove it if it's a damaged one.

if it is damaged

> Basically, I want to add the same working logic as what done

as is done

> by the following script.
> === end ===
>
> Regarding the last sentence above, I think there are different ways of expressing it, as follows:
>
> A. I want to add the same working logic as what done by the following script.
> B. I want to add the same working logic as done by the following script.
> C. I want to add the same working logic as the following script.
>
> Any hints/comments/corrections will be highly appreciated.
>
> [1] https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/-/issues/435#note_804828839

Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following script

<rp8jug16dftpg1tiu06ijotnckdfo7jsm9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=110894&group=alt.usage.english#110894

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 11:03:21 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:03 UTC

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 23:06:04 -0800 (PST), "hongy...@gmail.com"
<hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

>See here [1] for my following statement:
>
>=== begin ==>So, I first use gzip -t to test the integrity of the compressed file, and remove it if it's a damaged one.

OK.

> Basically, I want to add the same working logic as what done by the following script.

Unacceptable. It should be "...as what is done..." or "...what was
done...'

>=== end ==>
>Regarding the last sentence above, I think there are different ways of expressing it, as follows:
>
>A. I want to add the same working logic as what done by the following script.

Unacceptable.

>B. I want to add the same working logic as done by the following script.

Unacceptable.

>C. I want to add the same working logic as the following script.

Acceptable, but not great.

>Any hints/comments/corrections will be highly appreciated.
>
>[1] https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/-/issues/435#note_804828839
>
>Regards,
>HZ

Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following script

<c57b5bad-5973-4001-b02e-87836a4b8d37n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=111028&group=alt.usage.english#111028

Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 22:57:11 -0800 (PST)
From: hongyi.z...@gmail.com (hongy...@gmail.com)
 by: hongy...@gmail.com - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 06:57 UTC

On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 2:03:26 AM UTC+8, Ken Blake wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 23:06:04 -0800 (PST), "hongy...@gmail.com"
> <hongy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >See here [1] for my following statement:
> >
> >=== begin ===
> >So, I first use gzip -t to test the integrity of the compressed file, and remove it if it's a damaged one.
> OK.
> > Basically, I want to add the same working logic as what done by the following script.
> Unacceptable. It should be "...as what is done..." or "...what was
> done...'
> >=== end ===
> >
> >Regarding the last sentence above, I think there are different ways of expressing it, as follows:
> >
> >A. I want to add the same working logic as what done by the following script.
> Unacceptable.
> >B. I want to add the same working logic as done by the following script.
> Unacceptable.
> >C. I want to add the same working logic as the following script.
> Acceptable, but not great.

Combining all the above comments and suggestions, I have sorted out the following acceptable expressions:

So, I first use `gzip -t` to test the integrity of the compressed file, and remove it if it's damaged. Basically,
A. I want to add the same working logic as the following script [does].
B. I want to add the same working logic as what is/was done by the following script.
C. I want to add the same working logic as is/was done by the following script.

> >Any hints/comments/corrections will be highly appreciated.
> >
> >[1] https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/-/issues/435#note_804828839
> >
> >Regards,
> >HZ

Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following script

<ssej0h$1735$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=111084&group=alt.usage.english#111084

From: bellemar...@gmail.com (CDB)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:20:49 -0500
 by: CDB - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 15:20 UTC

On 1/20/2022 10:00 AM, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
> hongy...@gmail.com wrote:

>> See here [1] for my following statement:

>> === begin === So, I first use gzip -t to test the integrity of the
>> compressed file, and remove it if it's a damaged one.
>
> if it is damaged

>> Basically, I want to add the same working logic as what done

> as is done

Maybe "the same working logic that is used in the following script"?

>> by the following script. === end ===
>>
>> Regarding the last sentence above, I think there are different ways
>> of expressing it, as follows:
>>
>> A. I want to add the same working logic as what done by the
>> following script. B. I want to add the same working logic as done
>> by the following script. C. I want to add the same working logic as
>> the following script.
>>
>> Any hints/comments/corrections will be highly appreciated.
>>
>> [1] https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/-/issues/435#note_804828839

Re: add the same working logic as what done by the following script

<e71abbef-8cb5-4534-8552-387abdf543c4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=111201&group=alt.usage.english#111201

Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:59:54 -0800 (PST)
From: hongyi.z...@gmail.com (hongy...@gmail.com)
 by: hongy...@gmail.com - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 05:59 UTC

On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 11:20:54 PM UTC+8, CDB wrote:
> On 1/20/2022 10:00 AM, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
> > hongy...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >> See here [1] for my following statement:
>
> >> === begin === So, I first use gzip -t to test the integrity of the
> >> compressed file, and remove it if it's a damaged one.
> >
> > if it is damaged
>
> >> Basically, I want to add the same working logic as what done
>
> > as is done
> Maybe "the same working logic that is used in the following script"?

Agreed. This wording is more readable and understandable.