Each man is his own prisoner, in solitary confinement for life.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in occupied Ukraine

SubjectAuthor
* G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in occupieltlee1
+* Re: G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in occstoney
|`- Re: G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in occltlee1
+- Re: G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums inA. Filip
`- Re: G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in occdecadence thlon

1
G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in occupied Ukraine

<5f5c2601-a2d9-4738-9cac-a438972354bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10829&group=soc.culture.china#10829

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 04:21:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: G7_leaders_condemn_‘sham’_referendums_in_occupie
d_Ukraine_
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 11:21 UTC

"Leaders of the G7 condemned the “sham” Russian referendums being carried out in occupied Ukraine as a “phony” pretext to illegally grab territory.

In a statement on Friday evening, the group of the wealthiest nations said that the votes organized by Moscow were in breach of the U.N. Charter and international law and had no legitimacy.

Russia started on Friday asking people in the regions of Donetsk, Lugansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia if they wanted to join Russia, in an attempt to formalize the annexation of the four areas. The self-styled referendums will take place over five days.

Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the U.K. and the U.S. called out Russia’s “blatant intimidation of local populations” who have “consistently resisted Russian efforts to change borders by force.” Armed soldiers have been going door-to-door to gather votes, according to media reports."

https://www.politico.eu/article/g7-leaders-condemn-referendums-occupied-ukraine-russia-war-international-law-donetsk-lugansk-kherson-zaporizhzhia/

Assuming it is not a proforma statement, the question such statement
raises when is a people a people.

If the referendums are sham, and the people do not really want to be Russians and/or living under Russian rule, the regions would become Russia's "Afghanistan" rather soon. Instead of incorporating Russians
into itself, it is incorporating hundred of thousands who would fight
Russia from the inside.

Re: G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in occupied Ukraine

<b8a806fa-7706-4ea5-ab4f-2bd056c12bc6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10844&group=soc.culture.china#10844

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 02:26:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_G7_leaders_condemn_‘sham’_referendums_in_occ
upied_Ukraine
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 09:26 UTC

On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 7:21:45 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "Leaders of the G7 condemned the “sham” Russian referendums being carried out in occupied Ukraine as a “phony” pretext to illegally grab territory.
>
> In a statement on Friday evening, the group of the wealthiest nations said that the votes organized by Moscow were in breach of the U.N. Charter and international law and had no legitimacy.
>
> Russia started on Friday asking people in the regions of Donetsk, Lugansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia if they wanted to join Russia, in an attempt to formalize the annexation of the four areas. The self-styled referendums will take place over five days.
>
> Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the U.K. and the U.S. called out Russia’s “blatant intimidation of local populations” who have “consistently resisted Russian efforts to change borders by force.” Armed soldiers have been going door-to-door to gather votes, according to media reports."
>
> https://www.politico.eu/article/g7-leaders-condemn-referendums-occupied-ukraine-russia-war-international-law-donetsk-lugansk-kherson-zaporizhzhia/
>
> Assuming it is not a proforma statement, the question such statement
> raises when is a people a people.
>
> If the referendums are sham, and the people do not really want to be Russians and/or living under Russian rule, the regions would become Russia's "Afghanistan" rather soon. Instead of incorporating Russians
> into itself, it is incorporating hundred of thousands who would fight
> Russia from the inside.

Why is US and EU and its gangs of allies did not called US as sham in their current occupation of Iraq that is still in military force in Iraq?.

Iraq is a sovereign country and its parliament has asked US to remove its forces in Iraq. But US in replied, told them they to pay them for the costs of building US bases and facilities that were set up on their soil.

It is curious to see how US had the impunity to invade Iraq based on their own lies of mass destruction. They killed million of Iraqis in the Iraq war. They then continued to occupy Iraq till today. They set up US bases and facilities on their soils without the permission of the Iraq government.

EU and allies should know this is a US sham to sit on Iraq soil.

Re: G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in occupied Ukraine

<9ac7d251-7fe3-46d6-8523-ade1a24c2376n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10847&group=soc.culture.china#10847

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 03:38:56 -0700 (PDT)
upied_Ukraine
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 10:38 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 9:26:45 AM UTC, stoney wrote:
> On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 7:21:45 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > "Leaders of the G7 condemned the “sham” Russian referendums being carried out in occupied Ukraine as a “phony” pretext to illegally grab territory.
> >
> > In a statement on Friday evening, the group of the wealthiest nations said that the votes organized by Moscow were in breach of the U.N. Charter and international law and had no legitimacy.
> >
> > Russia started on Friday asking people in the regions of Donetsk, Lugansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia if they wanted to join Russia, in an attempt to formalize the annexation of the four areas. The self-styled referendums will take place over five days.
> >
> > Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the U.K. and the U.S. called out Russia’s “blatant intimidation of local populations” who have “consistently resisted Russian efforts to change borders by force.” Armed soldiers have been going door-to-door to gather votes, according to media reports."
> >
> > https://www.politico.eu/article/g7-leaders-condemn-referendums-occupied-ukraine-russia-war-international-law-donetsk-lugansk-kherson-zaporizhzhia/
> >
> > Assuming it is not a proforma statement, the question such statement
> > raises when is a people a people.
> >
> > If the referendums are sham, and the people do not really want to be Russians and/or living under Russian rule, the regions would become Russia's "Afghanistan" rather soon. Instead of incorporating Russians
> > into itself, it is incorporating hundred of thousands who would fight
> > Russia from the inside.
> Why is US and EU and its gangs of allies did not called US as sham in their current occupation of Iraq that is still in military force in Iraq?.
>
> Iraq is a sovereign country and its parliament has asked US to remove its forces in Iraq. But US in replied, told them they to pay them for the costs of building US bases and facilities that were set up on their soil.
>
> It is curious to see how US had the impunity to invade Iraq based on their own lies of mass destruction. They killed million of Iraqis in the Iraq war. They then continued to occupy Iraq till today. They set up US bases and facilities on their soils without the permission of the Iraq government.
>
> EU and allies should know this is a US sham to sit on Iraq soil.

Tens of million of Americans also think Biden winning the 2020 election was a sham.

Re: G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in occupied Ukraine [words and ?]

<anfi+1vjoqw5krf-m9p0@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10852&group=soc.culture.china#10852

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in
occupied Ukraine [words and ?]
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 13:28:03 +0200
sha1:/EsE2lXFb3Z6y/Gqxfbr5N4YsgM=
 by: A. Filip - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 11:28 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Leaders of the G7 condemned the “sham” Russian referendums being carried out in occupied Ukraine as a “phony” pretext to illegally grab territory.
>
> In a statement on Friday evening, the group of the wealthiest nations
> said that the votes organized by Moscow were in breach of the
> U.N. Charter and international law and had no legitimacy.
>
> Russia started on Friday asking people in the regions of Donetsk,
> Lugansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia if they wanted to join Russia, in an
> attempt to formalize the annexation of the four areas. The self-styled
> referendums will take place over five days.
>
> Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the U.K. and the U.S. called
> out Russia’s “blatant intimidation of local populations” who have
> “consistently resisted Russian efforts to change borders by force.”
> Armed soldiers have been going door-to-door to gather votes, according
> to media reports."
>
> https://www.politico.eu/article/g7-leaders-condemn-referendums-occupied-ukraine-russia-war-international-law-donetsk-lugansk-kherson-zaporizhzhia/
>
> Assuming it is not a proforma statement, the question such statement
> raises when is a people a people.
>
> If the referendums are sham, and the people do not really want to be
> Russians and/or living under Russian rule, the regions would become
> Russia's "Afghanistan" rather soon. Instead of incorporating Russians
> into itself, it is incorporating hundred of thousands who would fight
> Russia from the inside.

Dislike may be (most likely is) much lower than Yet Another Afghans'
Dislike. *Strong* dislike is unlikely to be universal IMHO.
"IRA in Northern Ireland" like dislike is quite likely IMHO.

Anyway: So what?
Bare words only cost little. Actions speak louder than words.
It counts what *seven* countries can agree/pledge to do together,
*high* costs they (mostly European) are ready/willing to pay.

AFAIR USA never (*formally*) accepted annexation of Lithuania, Latvia
and Estonia into USSR (1940 and after WW2). Had it changed a lot
during a half century? I do not think so. It might made some+
difference *finally*.

--
A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.
| Worst Month of 1981 for Downhill Skiing: August. The lift
| lines are the shortest, though. (Steve Rubenstein)

Re: G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in occupied Ukraine

<438e40ca-3973-4641-997f-8106e5d69e22n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10867&group=soc.culture.china#10867

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 01:35:48 -0700 (PDT)
upied_Ukraine
From: decadenc...@gmail.com (decadence thlon)
 by: decadence thlon - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 08:35 UTC

On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 11:21:45 AM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> "Leaders of the G7 condemned the “sham” Russian referendums being carried out in occupied Ukraine as a “phony” pretext to illegally grab territory.
>
> In a statement on Friday evening, the group of the wealthiest nations said that the votes organized by Moscow were in breach of the U.N. Charter and international law and had no legitimacy.
>
> Russia started on Friday asking people in the regions of Donetsk, Lugansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia if they wanted to join Russia, in an attempt to formalize the annexation of the four areas. The self-styled referendums will take place over five days.
>
> Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the U.K. and the U.S. called out Russia’s “blatant intimidation of local populations” who have “consistently resisted Russian efforts to change borders by force.” Armed soldiers have been going door-to-door to gather votes, according to media reports."
>
> https://www.politico.eu/article/g7-leaders-condemn-referendums-occupied-ukraine-russia-war-international-law-donetsk-lugansk-kherson-zaporizhzhia/
>
> Assuming it is not a proforma statement, the question such statement
> raises when is a people a people.
>
> If the referendums are sham, and the people do not really want to be Russians and/or living under Russian rule, the regions would become Russia's "Afghanistan" rather soon. Instead of incorporating Russians
> into itself, it is incorporating hundred of thousands who would fight
> Russia from the inside.

The G7 countries may not like it but they can't stop it.

Let's hear it from reporters who walk the ground.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgYqusaO2Gg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgYqusaO2Gg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgYqusaO2Gg

The referendum is game-changing. Once these regions become a part of Russia, foreign forces remaining there would have to leave or Russia may have go to war with their countries of origins.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: G7 leaders condemn ‘sham’ referendums in occupied Ukraine