Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 12:40:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Chores of Life
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 19:40 UTC

Everybody's got them but I'm talking about mine, not yours or anyone else's.. Today I am taking a bus to Walmart to get a few plastic bottles of nasal spray - I'm addicted to the stuff. Then I'm going to walk 50 minutes to the grocery stores to stock up. Take a bus home. I will need to do this tomorrow as well.

Today I took some huge dollar store dusters and did both sides of the venetian blinds. I don't go between the slats. Tomorrow I will do the windows. I do things in stages now, not all at once. The next day I'll wet dust what little furniture I've got along with the stuff that sits on it. Then I'll vacuum. I usually get a stuffed up nose the day after doing this shit. Dust.

I have not done the laundry in two months. That's a record for me. But it's summer and clothes are light. I don't know if I smell or not - it's hard for people to smell themselves unless it's really out of hand. But when I'm done walking and my tee shirt is all sweated up I put it on a hanger to dry, then spray them with a mixture of vinegar and water. It is an odor neutralizer. I believe it works. I will do the laundry next Wednesday. This is all planned out. I need to get some tee shirts and cut the sleeves off. Cheap stuff. Colors. I want every chore out of the way because I plan on having a few drinks Sunday June 20th, first time in about 5 months. It feels great to get everything cleaned up and out of the way. Till next time which never seems to end. Just brushing the teeth and clipping the nails are bothersome chores. Taking a shower isn't so bad now that it's summer. I remember when I was in Jamaica my aunt had a shower in the bathroom but there were big bugs and other forms of life in there sometimes, even crabs from the nearby hills near the ocean cliffs. I hated it. But they had a shower outside. And every day it was sunny except for maybe once a day a big downpour followed by more sun. I really liked that outside shower. It was just an open stall with a spout. The water was cold. But the sun was out. I never felt so clean. I am not a fan of outside toilets - the dark insect world - but the outside shower is great in the summer.

Re: The Chores of Life

<075a62cd-135d-4918-bbab-1d589c1b53b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1078&group=alt.life.sucks#1078

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:11:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The Chores of Life
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 04:11 UTC

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 3:40:18 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> Everybody's got them but I'm talking about mine, not yours or anyone else's. Today I am taking a bus to Walmart to get a few plastic bottles of nasal spray - I'm addicted to the stuff. Then I'm going to walk 50 minutes to the grocery stores to stock up. Take a bus home. I will need to do this tomorrow as well.
>
> Today I took some huge dollar store dusters and did both sides of the venetian blinds. I don't go between the slats. Tomorrow I will do the windows. I do things in stages now, not all at once. The next day I'll wet dust what little furniture I've got along with the stuff that sits on it. Then I'll vacuum. I usually get a stuffed up nose the day after doing this shit. Dust.
>
> I have not done the laundry in two months. That's a record for me. But it's summer and clothes are light. I don't know if I smell or not - it's hard for people to smell themselves unless it's really out of hand. But when I'm done walking and my tee shirt is all sweated up I put it on a hanger to dry, then spray them with a mixture of vinegar and water. It is an odor neutralizer. I believe it works. I will do the laundry next Wednesday. This is all planned out. I need to get some tee shirts and cut the sleeves off. Cheap stuff. Colors. I want every chore out of the way because I plan on having a few drinks Sunday June 20th, first time in about 5 months. It feels great to get everything cleaned up and out of the way. Till next time which never seems to end. Just brushing the teeth and clipping the nails are bothersome chores. Taking a shower isn't so bad now that it's summer. I remember when I was in Jamaica my aunt had a shower in the bathroom but there were big bugs and other forms of life in there sometimes, even crabs from the nearby hills near the ocean cliffs. I hated it. But they had a shower outside. And every day it was sunny except for maybe once a day a big downpour followed by more sun. I really liked that outside shower. It was just an open stall with a spout. The water was cold. But the sun was out. I never felt so clean. I am not a fan of outside toilets - the dark insect world - but the outside shower is great in the summer.

That shower was a toilet. A giant insect toilet. Jamaica is ruled by giant insects. That downpour each day is them pissing on the island. Your Aunt should have told you. Well now you know the rest of the story.

Re: The Chores of Life

<28abbc4c-e6f7-42bf-90cd-beea15066ebcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1083&group=alt.life.sucks#1083

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:26:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 04:26 UTC

> That shower was a toilet. A giant insect toilet. Jamaica is ruled by giant insects. That downpour each day is them pissing on the island. Your Aunt should have told you. Well now you know the rest of the story.

I was wowed by the island the first time I saw it. I didn't give my aunt and her husband Parboo any warning. My aunt had given me her address as an art gallery in Kingston, but she did not live there. That is where she got her mail. She lived with Parboo on the north coast in a big old wooden house about 50 yards from a frightening cliff overlooking the ocean.

The guy who took care of the place was a Jamaican kid about my age, maybe a year or two older. He called them for me and they said they'd come to town the next day to pick me up. Then the kid took me out on the town. I drank heavily and don't remember much other than waking up in bed with a black whore (I had no money) who lived with about 5 others. I fucked her. When we were done she got out of bed and pissed into a pot on the floor.

The next day I went to the kid's parent's house. They had me join them for a meal. It was good. But there were giant bugs all over the walls. They were clean, but this is the tropics. Even in the homes of friends of my aunt's I'd see them, lizards too - but not like this. They were falling off the walls. They'd just flick them off like a horse using it's tail to shoo away flies.

The next day Parboo and my aunt arrived in his little convertible roadster. The ride north was a winding one. No highway in Jamaica back then. I don't know about now. I was amazed, never seen anything like it. Everything looked like moss it was so green. Goats on the hills. Guys walking the sides of the road carrying machetes to cut coconuts. The colors and sights blew me away. But of course there is a lot of poverty. I rode the bus in Jamaica. I loved it. All Blacks. No air conditioning. Windows open. Cigaret smoke. Nice breeze. And the soft smell of human sweat. I liked it..

But then who wouldn't like living in paradise on someone else's dime for 3 months. Giants bugs, yes. Crabs in the bathtub now and then, yes. But no snakes. They imported the mongoose from Australia years ago to kill of the snakes. Then the mongoose started going after chickens. Kind of like a wildlife version of the vaccine, giving someone something to cure them of one thing only to create some new as yet unnamed condition. Man am I beat. What a fucking day. Lots of movement, not used to it. Glad I did it though.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: The Chores of Life