From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: rec.humor
Subject: "Dear John" Letter
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:22:20 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 14:22 UTC

A Marine, stationed overseas, received a "Dear John" letter from his
girlfriend.

It read, "Dear Ricky, I can no longer continue our relationship. The
distance between us is too great. I must admit that I have cheated on you
a few times already and it is not fair to either of us.

I am sorry. Please return the photo of me that I sent you.

Love, Becky.

The Marine, with hurt feelings, asked his fellow Marines for any snapshots
they could spare of their girlfriends, sisters, ex-girlfriends, cousins, etc.

In addition to the photo of Becky, he included several photos of pretty
girls in the envelope along with this note to Becky:

"Dear Becky, I am sorry I can not quite remember who you are. Please
remove your photo from this group and send the rest back to me."