Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 19:14:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Mary Ann Shore Inlow, 54 - Accomplice of Louisville's Most
Notorious Killer, Mel Ignatow
From: jeffreyn...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Norris)
 by: Jeffrey Norris - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 02:14 UTC

On Sunday, August 29, 2004 at 1:46:31 AM UTC-4, The Kentucky Wizard wrote:
> Hopefully Mel Ignatow's death will soon follow.
> Mary Ann Shore Inlow, the admitted accomplice of one of Louisville's
> most notorious killers, Mel Ignatow, died Thursday. She was 54.
> Inlow died at Hospice & Palliative Care of Louisville's inpatient unit
> at Norton Healthcare Pavilion.
> Her family declined to comment.
> Inlow pleaded guilty in 1991 to tampering with physical evidence in
> connection with Brenda Schaefer's Sept. 24, 1988, death, after making a
> deal with prosecutors to testify against Ignatow, who'd been charged
> with murder in the case. Inlow later testified that she took photos as
> Ignatow sexually tortured Schaefer, 36, at a home Inlow rented on Poplar
> Level Road. After the torture, Ignatow killed Schaefer.
> He was acquitted of murder by a jury in Kenton County in 1991, but
> eventually admitted to it.
> He could not be retried because of the legal prohibition against double
> jeopardy - being tried for the same crime twice.
> A spokesman for Schaefer's family said yesterday that Inlow's death
> "just basically brings it all back."
> "We haven't given Mary Ann Shore much thought over the past few years,"
> said Brenda Schaefer's brother, Mike Schaefer. "We'll never forget her,
> but we don't think about her daily."
> Inlow broke the murder case for investigators in January 1990, nearly 16
> months after Schaefer disappeared. She led investigators to Schaefer's
> shallow grave behind the house on Poplar Level Road and admitted helping
> Ignatow bury Schaefer.
> Inlow told police and FBI agents that she was present when Ignatow
> tortured Schaefer, but that she had not witnessed the murder.
> Inlow had dated Ignatow for 10 years before he began dating Schaefer.
> Inlow was to be the star witness for the prosecution in Ignatow's murder
> trial. But jurors later told The Courier-Journal that they found Ignatow
> not guilty because they thought the prosecution had presented no
> evidence linking him to the crime.
> Inlow was released in 1995 from the Kentucky Correctional Institution
> for Women near Pewee Valley after serving just over three years of a
> five-year sentence on the tampering charge.
>
> Ignatow, who is serving a nine-year sentence for perjury and being a
> persistent felon at the Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex, was
> turned down for parole on June 12, 2003.
> This is Ignatow's second sentence for perjury in relation to Schaefer's
> murder. He previously served five years in federal prison for lying to
> FBI agents and a federal grand jury about his involvement in Schaefer's
> disappearance.
> Ignatow said yesterday through a prison spokesman that he would have no
> comment on Inlow's death.
>
> --
> © The Wiz ®

I'm watching this case on the ID channel (Evil Lives Here: He Got Away with Murder) as I type this.

I grew up about 3 miles from Mary Ann Shore's house, where she and Ignatow perpetrated their evil. I went to what was Thomas Jefferson High School at the time, which was maybe 100-150 yards from the woods where they buried Ms.. Schaefer's body. Not caring for school, we spent nearly every school day in those woods, doing what stupid kids do. For years, every time I rode by that place I always had fond memories of the things we did, and the fun we had. Then, after what happened, and to this day, the feelings are much different when I drive by. I'm an old man now, but one thought I always have is, as long as I'm alive Brenda Sue Schaefer will never be forgotten.

RIP Beauty Lady

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Mary Ann Shore Inlow, 54 - Accomplice of Louisville's Most Notorious Killer, Mel Ignatow