From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Wagner Mercenaries Enter the Spotlight as Russian Troops Struggle in Ukraine
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 21:50:48 +0200
sha1:5jMxpxGGo4CL9dtOAsV6mwKEbS0=
 by: A. Filip - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 19:50 UTC

"David P." <imbibe@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Wagner Mercenaries Enter the Spotlight as Russian Troops Struggle in
> Ukraine
> By Yaroslav Trofimov, Aug. 18, 2022, WSJ
>
> In May, Italian TV journalists asked Russian Foreign Minister Sergei
> Lavrov about the role Wagner Group, a private military company, was
> playing as Moscow began its offensive in Ukraine’s eastern Donbas
> area.
>
> He dismissed the question. Wagner, he said, wasn’t deployed in Ukraine and had no connection to the Russian state.
>
> But, according to Ukrainian commanders, Wagner’s fighters have proven
> indispensable in Russia’s few successes in Donbas. Once ordered to
> minimize Wagner’s role, Russia’s official media is awash with
> reportage about the heroic exploits of the company, which likes to
> call itself the “orchestra” and its soldiers “musicians.”
[…[
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/wagner-mercenaries-enter-the-spotlight-as-russian-troops-struggle-in-ukraine-11660826515

<irony> Isn't it "a more full war capitalism"? Shouldn't US follow
Russia lead in "war privatization"? </irony>

What's your/WSJ key point/accusation?" Could you spell it directly
*in short form* ? I do not dare to guess it wrong.

--
A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.
| Everyone wants results, but no one is willing to do what it takes
| to get them. (Dirty Harry)

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Wagner Mercenaries Enter the Spotlight as Russian Troops Struggle in Ukraine