From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Richard Trumka 1949-2021
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 20:43:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 20:43 UTC

Richard Trumka,born July 24th 1949,died August 5th 2021,as reported
by NPR,Politico,and others.
He was president of the United Mine Workers from 1982 to 1995,
Secretary-Treasurer of the AFL-CIO from 1995 to 2009,
and President of the AFL-CIO until his death.

I'm not sure but I believe Secretary-Treasurer Elizabeth Shuler
becomes acting president,the first female to head the federation.

-=-=-

Re: Richard Trumka 1949-2021

<sehjlr$3tp$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10414&group=alt.obituaries#10414

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Richard Trumka 1949-2021
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 21:02:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 21:02 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
> Richard Trumka,born July 24th 1949,died August 5th 2021,as reported
> by NPR,Politico,and others.
> He was president of the United Mine Workers from 1982 to 1995,
> Secretary-Treasurer of the AFL-CIO from 1995 to 2009,
> and President of the AFL-CIO until his death.
>
> I'm not sure but I believe Secretary-Treasurer Elizabeth Shuler
> becomes acting president,the first female to head the federation.

I note that Trumka is the second AFL-CIO president to die this year
(his predecessor John Sweeney died in February,and HIS predecessor
Thomas Donahue,never to be confused with US Chamber of Commerce boss
Thomas Donohue,just as former AFL-CIO official and Democratic National
Committee vice chair Linda Chavez Thompson is not to be confused with
former AFT official and Republican Senate candidate and Cabinet nominee
Linda Chavez,is in his 90s and should beware of "Rule of Three" believers
hiding in the bushes).
If I were Bryan Styble the previous paragraph would have been
peppered with asterisks.

Sweeney ran on a ticket with Trumka promising to create a new
number three position that would be filled with Chavez-Thompson
(titled Executive Vice President,which in most organizations is
considered a higher title than Secretary-Treasurer),defeating
Donahue and his running mate Barbara Easterling,who was the first
female Secretary-Treasurer.

> -=-=-
> The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again,
> at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed.

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Richard Trumka 1949-2021