From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: rec.humor
Subject: Lying
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2023 12:40:11 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 17:40 UTC

A minister told his congregation, "Next week I plan to
preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand
my sermon, I want you all to read Mark 17."

The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his
sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He
wanted to know how many read Mark 17.

Every hand went up.

The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only
sixteen chapters. I will proceed with my sermon
on the sin of lying."