From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: USA brings freedom and democracy worldwide, sometimes in Saudi Kingdom "light variant"
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 22:14:57 +0200
sha1:e/Ql9WBWm6wrr43v6HqGHrPj3s8=
 by: A. Filip - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 20:14 UTC

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/22/08/17/2125251/saudi-arabia-sentences-woman-to-34-years-in-prison-for-tweeting
> A Saudi woman has been sentenced to 34 years in prison for retweeting
> activists through her Twitter account and sharing posts that spoke in
> favor of the right of women to drive. The Verge reports:
> https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/17/23310126/twitter-saudi-woman-sentenced-34-years-salma-al-shehab
>> Salma al-Shehab was a PhD candidate at the University of Leeds in
>> the UK and was detained in January 2021 after returning to Saudi Arabia
>> for a vacation. […]
>> The Post reports that prosecutors in the appeal to Shehab's case
>> argued for a more severe punishment under Saudi cybercrime and
>> anti-terrorism laws, […]

Without USA it would much worse. wouldn't it?
She is lucky to be alive unlike Jamal Khashoggi.

--
A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.
| Women give to men the very gold of their lives. Possibly; but they
| invariably want it back in such very small change. (Oscar Wilde)

Re: USA brings freedom and democracy worldwide, sometimes in Saudi Kingdom "light variant"

<148b53e7-3490-4594-91e7-81fd3724b637n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10367&group=soc.culture.china#10367

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:27:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: USA brings freedom and democracy worldwide, sometimes in Saudi
Kingdom "light variant"
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 13:27 UTC

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 4:15:00 PM UTC-4, A. Filip wrote:
> https://yro.slashdot.org/story/22/08/17/2125251/saudi-arabia-sentences-woman-to-34-years-in-prison-for-tweeting
> > A Saudi woman has been sentenced to 34 years in prison for retweeting
> > activists through her Twitter account and sharing posts that spoke in
> > favor of the right of women to drive. The Verge reports:
> > https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/17/23310126/twitter-saudi-woman-sentenced-34-years-salma-al-shehab
> >> Salma al-Shehab was a PhD candidate at the University of Leeds in
> >> the UK and was detained in January 2021 after returning to Saudi Arabia
> >> for a vacation. […]
> >> The Post reports that prosecutors in the appeal to Shehab's case
> >> argued for a more severe punishment under Saudi cybercrime and
> >> anti-terrorism laws, […]
>
> Without USA it would much worse. wouldn't it?
> She is lucky to be alive unlike Jamal Khashoggi.

Peace and economic prosperity is the greatest driver of freedom.
No government can really bestow freedom which after all reflects
the citizens' productivity, capability, as well as spirituality.
A person with limited productivity, capability, as well as spirituality
cannot really impart freedom to the other. The same for a nation.

Americans do not trust the US government, other peoples will have
less trust.

interests / soc.culture.china / USA brings freedom and democracy worldwide, sometimes in Saudi Kingdom "light variant"