You own a dog, but you can only feed a cat.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'

SubjectAuthor
* Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,0ltlee1
+* Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'Oleg Smirnov
|`* Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'ltlee1
| +- Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'ltlee1
| `* Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'Oleg Smirnov
|  `- Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'ltlee1
`* Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 1ltlee1
 `- Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'Oleg Smirnov

1
Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 ‘volunteers’

<69f7191d-0bfe-4ed3-a3d8-995f191c3206n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10229&group=soc.culture.china#10229

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 06:38:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Russian_state_TV:_North_Korea_offering_Kremlin_100,0
00_‘volunteers’_
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 13:38 UTC

"North Korea has offered Russia 100,000 “volunteers” to aid in the war against Ukraine, according to Russian state TV.

“There are reports that 100,000 North Korean volunteers are prepared to come and take part in the conflict,” talk show host Igor Korotchenko said on Russian Channel One, the New York Post reported.

The reports come as Russia’s military force is depleted after its unsuccessful attempt to take key parts of Ukraine, including the capital of Kyiv.

Some estimates put the number of Russian soldiers killed as high as 15,000 to 25,000. Accounting for over five months of the war, that puts Russia’s casualty count to about 100 soldiers a day.

Korotchenko also alluded to reports indicating Russia has invited North Korean “builders” to repair Russian-occupied Donbas."

https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-offers-russia-100-202056174.html

Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'

<tcmdt7$1fag$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10236&group=soc.culture.china#10236

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 21:58:40 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 18:58 UTC

ltlee1, <news:69f7191d-0bfe-4ed3-a3d8-995f191c3206n@googlegroups.com>

> "North Korea has offered Russia 100,000 "volunteers" to aid in the war
> against Ukraine, according to Russian state TV.
>
> "There are reports that 100,000 North Korean volunteers are prepared to come
> and take part in the conflict," talk show host Igor Korotchenko said on
> Russian Channel One, the New York Post reported.

> Korotchenko also alluded to reports indicating Russia has invited North
> Korean "builders" to repair Russian-occupied Donbas."
>
> https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-offers-russia-100-202056174.html

Korotchenko is a regular "military expert" on the Russian TV, although many
in Russia see him as a chatterbox. The "Russian state TV" didn't claim
"North Korea has offered Russia volunteers to aid". Such a claim emerged in
social networks, was pushed by some anonymous TG channels. In one of the TV
programs on the state TV, yes, Korotchenko was asked to comment on these
rumors, and he commented through "ifs", - if it's true then this and that ..
Then, none of serious news outlets in Russia published it as a news.

I posted before <https://tinyurl.com/2yawtngf> that in Russia "there's an
abundance of folks willing to analyze or comment on something". Atlanticist
media are very enthusiastic to misrepresent it as something official or
close to official. Your subject line should have been "Yahoo.com: New York
Post reported that Russian state TV etc etc".

Whether the alleged offer may be true? It may be. Or it may be not.

Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'

<53ab941a-8de4-4356-b7b1-d8476f5e97dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10238&group=soc.culture.china#10238

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 12:58:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 19:58 UTC

On Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 3:03:06 PM UTC-4, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> ltlee1, <news:69f7191d-0bfe-4ed3...@googlegroups.com>
> > "North Korea has offered Russia 100,000 "volunteers" to aid in the war
> > against Ukraine, according to Russian state TV.
> >
> > "There are reports that 100,000 North Korean volunteers are prepared to come
> > and take part in the conflict," talk show host Igor Korotchenko said on
> > Russian Channel One, the New York Post reported.
> > Korotchenko also alluded to reports indicating Russia has invited North
> > Korean "builders" to repair Russian-occupied Donbas."
> >
> > https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-offers-russia-100-202056174.html
> Korotchenko is a regular "military expert" on the Russian TV, although many
> in Russia see him as a chatterbox. The "Russian state TV" didn't claim
> "North Korea has offered Russia volunteers to aid". Such a claim emerged in
> social networks, was pushed by some anonymous TG channels. In one of the TV
> programs on the state TV, yes, Korotchenko was asked to comment on these
> rumors, and he commented through "ifs", - if it's true then this and that ..
> Then, none of serious news outlets in Russia published it as a news.
>
> I posted before <https://tinyurl.com/2yawtngf> that in Russia "there's an
> abundance of folks willing to analyze or comment on something". Atlanticist
> media are very enthusiastic to misrepresent it as something official or
> close to official. Your subject line should have been "Yahoo.com: New York
> Post reported that Russian state TV etc etc".
>
> Whether the alleged offer may be true? It may be. Or it may be not.

To be sure, no one know the veracity of this kind of story.
So one can only evaluate whether North Korea has reason to do so and how would
other regional players react to such voluntarism.

First of all, any of North Korea's plan to contribute has the U.S. as its target. It would
make U.S. plan to spoil Moscow's military plan regarding Ukraine. Various Western and
Russian writers had commented that man power may be Moscow's weak spot. Its continuous
supply would determine how long the war can last and whether Moscow or the US could
achieve its goal.

How will other nations respond?
Do NATO nations besides US and Britain want a long war?
Given that Sino-US relationship is in a multi-decade low, will it mind North Korea
spoiling U.S. plan regarding Ukraine?
Last but not least, will the U.S. attack North Korea because it is pro-Russia?

The far bigger and more difficult question is what North Korea wants in return?
And the probability of NK getting what it wants.

Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'

<725cb65b-fd40-49d5-8ab1-756561f855a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10239&group=soc.culture.china#10239

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 13:01:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 20:01 UTC

On Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 3:58:06 PM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 3:03:06 PM UTC-4, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> > ltlee1, <news:69f7191d-0bfe-4ed3...@googlegroups.com>
> > > "North Korea has offered Russia 100,000 "volunteers" to aid in the war
> > > against Ukraine, according to Russian state TV.
> > >
> > > "There are reports that 100,000 North Korean volunteers are prepared to come
> > > and take part in the conflict," talk show host Igor Korotchenko said on
> > > Russian Channel One, the New York Post reported.
> > > Korotchenko also alluded to reports indicating Russia has invited North
> > > Korean "builders" to repair Russian-occupied Donbas."
> > >
> > > https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-offers-russia-100-202056174.html
> > Korotchenko is a regular "military expert" on the Russian TV, although many
> > in Russia see him as a chatterbox. The "Russian state TV" didn't claim
> > "North Korea has offered Russia volunteers to aid". Such a claim emerged in
> > social networks, was pushed by some anonymous TG channels. In one of the TV
> > programs on the state TV, yes, Korotchenko was asked to comment on these
> > rumors, and he commented through "ifs", - if it's true then this and that ..
> > Then, none of serious news outlets in Russia published it as a news.
> >
> > I posted before <https://tinyurl.com/2yawtngf> that in Russia "there's an
> > abundance of folks willing to analyze or comment on something". Atlanticist
> > media are very enthusiastic to misrepresent it as something official or
> > close to official. Your subject line should have been "Yahoo.com: New York
> > Post reported that Russian state TV etc etc".
> >
> > Whether the alleged offer may be true? It may be. Or it may be not.
> To be sure, no one know the veracity of this kind of story.
> So one can only evaluate whether North Korea has reason to do so and how would
> other regional players react to such voluntarism.
>
> First of all, any of North Korea's plan to contribute has the U.S. as its target. It would
> make U.S. plan to spoil Moscow's military plan regarding Ukraine.

A lot more difficult if not unattainable.

>Various Western and
> Russian writers had commented that man power may be Moscow's weak spot. Its continuous
> supply would determine how long the war can last and whether Moscow or the US could
> achieve its goal.
>
> How will other nations respond?
> Do NATO nations besides US and Britain want a long war?
> Given that Sino-US relationship is in a multi-decade low, will it mind North Korea
> spoiling U.S. plan regarding Ukraine?
> Last but not least, will the U.S. attack North Korea because it is pro-Russia?
>
> The far bigger and more difficult question is what North Korea wants in return?
> And the probability of NK getting what it wants.

Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'

<tcoi9n$k2qq$2@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10250&group=soc.culture.china#10250

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 17:29:10 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 14:29 UTC

ltlee1, <news:53ab941a-8de4-4356-b7b1-d8476f5e97dbn@googlegroups.com>
> On Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 3:03:06 PM UTC-4, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
>> ltlee1, <news:69f7191d-0bfe-4ed3...@googlegroups.com>

>>> "North Korea has offered Russia 100,000 "volunteers" to aid in the war
>>> against Ukraine, according to Russian state TV.
>>>
>>> "There are reports that 100,000 North Korean volunteers are prepared to
>>> come and take part in the conflict," talk show host Igor Korotchenko said
>>> on Russian Channel One, the New York Post reported.
>>> Korotchenko also alluded to reports indicating Russia has invited North
>>> Korean "builders" to repair Russian-occupied Donbas."
>>>
>>> https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-offers-russia-100-202056174.html
>>
>> Korotchenko is a regular "military expert" on the Russian TV, although many
>> in Russia see him as a chatterbox. The "Russian state TV" didn't claim
>> "North Korea has offered Russia volunteers to aid". Such a claim emerged in
>> social networks, was pushed by some anonymous TG channels. In one of the TV
>> programs on the state TV, yes, Korotchenko was asked to comment on these
>> rumors, and he commented through "ifs", - if it's true then this and that
>> ..
>> Then, none of serious news outlets in Russia published it as a news.
>>
>> I posted before <https://tinyurl.com/2yawtngf> that in Russia "there's an
>> abundance of folks willing to analyze or comment on something". Atlanticist
>> media are very enthusiastic to misrepresent it as something official or
>> close to official. Your subject line should have been "Yahoo.com: New York
>> Post reported that Russian state TV etc etc".
>>
>> Whether the alleged offer may be true? It may be. Or it may be not.
>
> To be sure, no one know the veracity of this kind of story.
> So one can only evaluate whether North Korea has reason to do so and how
> would other regional players react to such voluntarism.
>
> First of all, any of North Korea's plan to contribute has the U.S. as its
> target. It would make U.S. plan to spoil Moscow's military plan regarding
> Ukraine. Various Western and Russian writers had commented that man power
> may be Moscow's weak spot. Its continuous supply would determine how long
> the war can last and whether Moscow or the US could achieve its goal.
>
> How will other nations respond?
> Do NATO nations besides US and Britain want a long war?
> Given that Sino-US relationship is in a multi-decade low, will it mind North
> Korea spoiling U.S. plan regarding Ukraine?
> Last but not least, will the U.S. attack North Korea because it is
> pro-Russia?
>
> The far bigger and more difficult question is what North Korea wants in
> return? And the probability of NK getting what it wants.

I feel difficult to speculate on it. Basically, everything may be, but so
far the alleged NK's offer hardly looks like a realistic news. So far it's
only rumors and hype, there was no any credible information about it.

Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'

<4c459a8d-892f-4364-8e87-d1868187920dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10264&group=soc.culture.china#10264

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 03:23:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 10:23 UTC

On Sunday, August 7, 2022 at 10:30:18 AM UTC-4, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> ltlee1, <news:53ab941a-8de4-4356...@googlegroups.com>
> > On Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 3:03:06 PM UTC-4, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> >> ltlee1, <news:69f7191d-0bfe-4ed3...@googlegroups.com>

> >> Korotchenko is a regular "military expert" on the Russian TV, although many
> >> in Russia see him as a chatterbox. The "Russian state TV" didn't claim
> >> "North Korea has offered Russia volunteers to aid". Such a claim emerged in
> >> social networks, was pushed by some anonymous TG channels. In one of the TV
> >> programs on the state TV, yes, Korotchenko was asked to comment on these
> >> rumors, and he commented through "ifs", - if it's true then this and that
> >> ..
> >> Then, none of serious news outlets in Russia published it as a news.
> >>
> >> I posted before <https://tinyurl.com/2yawtngf> that in Russia "there's an
> >> abundance of folks willing to analyze or comment on something". Atlanticist
> >> media are very enthusiastic to misrepresent it as something official or
> >> close to official. Your subject line should have been "Yahoo.com: New York
> >> Post reported that Russian state TV etc etc".
> >>
> >> Whether the alleged offer may be true? It may be. Or it may be not.
> >
> > To be sure, no one know the veracity of this kind of story.
> > So one can only evaluate whether North Korea has reason to do so and how
> > would other regional players react to such voluntarism.
> >
> > First of all, any of North Korea's plan to contribute has the U.S. as its
> > target. It would make U.S. plan to spoil Moscow's military plan regarding
> > Ukraine. Various Western and Russian writers had commented that man power
> > may be Moscow's weak spot. Its continuous supply would determine how long
> > the war can last and whether Moscow or the US could achieve its goal.
> >
> > How will other nations respond?
> > Do NATO nations besides US and Britain want a long war?
> > Given that Sino-US relationship is in a multi-decade low, will it mind North
> > Korea spoiling U.S. plan regarding Ukraine?
> > Last but not least, will the U.S. attack North Korea because it is
> > pro-Russia?
> >
> > The far bigger and more difficult question is what North Korea wants in
> > return? And the probability of NK getting what it wants.
> I feel difficult to speculate on it. Basically, everything may be, but so
> far the alleged NK's offer hardly looks like a realistic news. So far it's
> only rumors and hype, there was no any credible information about it.

Not all speculations are idle. A known unknown is, strictly speaking, not a rumor.

Let me clarify. Pelosi visiting Taiwan was a known known after her trip was confirmed.
But what she promised Taiwan's Tsai Ing-Wen is a known unknown. Her trip is provocative
not because of the known known. But because the known unknown. For example, had she
promised Tsai to station nuclear weapon in Taiwan? The issues are the probability and
WHAT-IF truth.

Whether Kim would send fully equipped soldier to Ukraine is similar known unknown. Kim
has many reasons to do so. Again, the issues are probability and WHAT-IF true.

(Similar reply had been posted earlier. But failed to show up in Soc.culture.China. )

Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 ‘volunteers’

<13251632-743c-4c6d-b763-7f8809a8f279n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10332&group=soc.culture.china#10332

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 06:49:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Russian_state_TV:_North_Korea_offering_Kremlin_1
00,000_‘volunteers’
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 13:49 UTC

On Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 9:38:22 AM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:
> "North Korea has offered Russia 100,000 “volunteers” to aid in the war against Ukraine, according to Russian state TV.
>
> “There are reports that 100,000 North Korean volunteers are prepared to come and take part in the conflict,” talk show host Igor Korotchenko said on Russian Channel One, the New York Post reported.
>
> The reports come as Russia’s military force is depleted after its unsuccessful attempt to take key parts of Ukraine, including the capital of Kyiv.
>
> Some estimates put the number of Russian soldiers killed as high as 15,000 to 25,000. Accounting for over five months of the war, that puts Russia’s casualty count to about 100 soldiers a day.
>
> Korotchenko also alluded to reports indicating Russia has invited North Korean “builders” to repair Russian-occupied Donbas."
>
> https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-offers-russia-100-202056174.html

"Putin says Russia and North Korea will expand bilateral relations, KCNA reports
SEOUL, Aug 15 (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin told North Korean leader Kim Jong Un the two countries will "expand the comprehensive and constructive bilateral relations with common efforts," Pyongyang's state media reported on Monday.

In a letter to Kim for Korea's liberation day, Putin said closer ties would be in both countries' interests, and would help strengthen the security and stability of the Korean peninsula and the Northeastern Asian region, North Korea's KCNA news agency said.

Kim also sent a letter to Putin saying Russian-North Korean friendship had been forged in World War II with victory over Japan, which had occupied the Korean peninsula.

The "strategic and tactical cooperation, support and solidarity" between the two countries has since reached a new level is their common efforts to frustrate threats and provocations from hostile military forces, Kim said in the letter. KCNA did not identify the hostile forces, but it has typically used that term to refer to the United States and its allies."

https://www.reuters.com/world/putin-says-russia-north-korea-will-expand-bilateral-relations-kcna-2022-08-14/

Zero details. But involvement of North Koreans would enhance Russian staying power in Ukraine.

Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'

<tdkntr$t0gg$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10353&group=soc.culture.china#10353

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 09:56:16 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 06:56 UTC

ltlee1, <news:13251632-743c-4c6d-b763-7f8809a8f279n@googlegroups.com>
>> On Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 9:38:22 AM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:

>> "North Korea has offered Russia 100,000 "volunteers" to aid in the war
>> against Ukraine, according to Russian state TV.
>> "There are reports that 100,000 North Korean volunteers are prepared to
>> come and take part in the conflict," talk show host Igor Korotchenko said
>> on Russian Channel One, the New York Post reported.

> "Putin says Russia and North Korea will expand bilateral relations, KCNA
> reports

August 11, official Russia's MFA spokesman had quite harshly said
during briefing that the idea about NK volunteers is an absolute
fake news "picked up by certain representatives of the blogosphere
and pseudo-experts" (official site <https://tinyurl.com/2mbjf2re>,
or a news outlet <https://www.interfax.ru/world/856193>).

New York Post and Yahoo will likely not report this refutation.

Some time ago, DPR claimed it discussed with NK a possibility of
participation of Koreans in construction projects to help rebuild
the local infrastructure destroyed by hostilities. Today, Russia's
MFA official has said <https://ru.rt.com/m9b9> that Russia has to
comply with the sanctions imposed on NK by the UN, which sets
certain limits on the Russia-NK cooperation. But since the Donbas
republics - DPR and LPR - aren't members of the UN, they have no
obstacles to cooperate with NK the way they like (while NK had in
July recognized DPR and LPR as independent states).

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 'volunteers'