Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 07:03:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Free speech in the US
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 14:03 UTC

"A week to the day after Joe Biden was inaugurated, the FBI arrested a 31- year-old man from Vermont called Douglass Mackey. According to the subsequent DOJ press release, Mackey committed an extremely serious crime. ... he conspired to subvert the 2016 presidential election.

In a tweet, Mackey had suggested, but not explicitly said, but suggested, that it was possible to vote for Hillary Clinton by text message. This act, proclaimed acting was a grave felony, a felony punishable by ten years in prison. Mackey's tweet, DuCharme said, amounted to "misinformation to defraud citizens of their right to vote."

Assistant FBI Director William Sweeney confirmed that Douglass Mackey had, in fact, committed "vote theft."
There was no consideration of the merits of the government's case against Douglass Mackey but there should have been, because the case was absurd. If Mackey's tweets were so threatening to our system of government, toward democracy, then why did the Department of Justice wait more than four years until the week Donald Trump left office to charge him? And if Mackey actually stole the votes of American citizens, as the FBI repeatedly alleged that he did, whose votes were stolen? Who exactly were the victims of Douglas Mackey's crimes? The media never asked. The Biden administration never said.

As of tonight, the Justice Department has never identified a single person who was prevented from voting or from doing anything else by what Douglass Mackey tweeted because there weren't any people. Those people didn't exist."

https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/tucker-carlson-mar-lago-raid-power-grab

Re: Free speech in the US

<84e39ada-b188-4709-9a70-f22ef06d453an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10381&group=soc.culture.china#10381

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 11:26:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Free speech in the US
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 18:26 UTC

On Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 10:03:53 AM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:
> "A week to the day after Joe Biden was inaugurated, the FBI arrested a 31- year-old man from Vermont called Douglass Mackey. According to the subsequent DOJ press release, Mackey committed an extremely serious crime. ... he conspired to subvert the 2016 presidential election.
>
> In a tweet, Mackey had suggested, but not explicitly said, but suggested, that it was possible to vote for Hillary Clinton by text message. This act, proclaimed acting was a grave felony, a felony punishable by ten years in prison. Mackey's tweet, DuCharme said, amounted to "misinformation to defraud citizens of their right to vote."
>
> Assistant FBI Director William Sweeney confirmed that Douglass Mackey had, in fact, committed "vote theft."
> There was no consideration of the merits of the government's case against Douglass Mackey but there should have been, because the case was absurd. If Mackey's tweets were so threatening to our system of government, toward democracy, then why did the Department of Justice wait more than four years until the week Donald Trump left office to charge him? And if Mackey actually stole the votes of American citizens, as the FBI repeatedly alleged that he did, whose votes were stolen? Who exactly were the victims of Douglas Mackey's crimes? The media never asked. The Biden administration never said.
>
> As of tonight, the Justice Department has never identified a single person who was prevented from voting or from doing anything else by what Douglass Mackey tweeted because there weren't any people. Those people didn't exist."
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/tucker-carlson-mar-lago-raid-power-grab

Tucker Carlson raised an interesting question:
"If Mackey's tweets were so threatening to our system of government, toward democracy,
then why did the Department of Justice wait more than four years until the week Donald
Trump left office to charge him?"

The answer to the question is quite obvious if one frame it through democratic freedom or
democratic incompetence lens.
Mackey's tweets were allowed because of democratic freedom during the Trump administration.
In contrast, the same tweets were no allowed during the Biden administration. Arresting and
jailing him became a necessity to preclude democratic incompetence under Biden.

For those who distinguish between rule of law and rule by law, the US is a clear case of rule
by law. According to partisan based interpretation.

interests / soc.culture.china / Free speech in the US