All syllogisms have three parts, therefore this is not a syllogism.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: India Can’t Dethrone China as the World’s Manufacturing Power

SubjectAuthor
* India Can’t Dethrone China as the World’s Manufaltlee1
`* Re: India Can’t Dethrone China as the World’s Mastoney
 `- Re: India Can’t Dethrone China as the World’s Maltlee1

1
India Can’t Dethrone China as the World’s Manufacturing Power

<e7ab17bc-6175-4da4-8ffd-0459f6c42401n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10279&group=soc.culture.china#10279

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 10:28:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: India_Can’t_Dethrone_China_as_the_World’s_Manufa
cturing_Power
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 17:28 UTC

"Ever since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, many in the West have discussed the need for supply-chain diversification to decrease their dependence on China for manufactured goods. Recently, these conversations reemerged as China faced new lockdowns that paused economic activities. Due to its large and young population, lower wages, and relatively diverse industries, India has been a popular candidate for replacing China as a manufacturing powerhouse in the global supply chain. As an English-speaking liberal democracy as well as a member of the Quad and the newly introduced Indo-Pacific Economic Framework (IPEF), India also enjoys close relations with Western countries, many of whose business leaders happen to be ethnic Indians. Additionally, last month, the United Nations predicted that India’s population would surpass China’s in 2023.
Unfortunately for India, due to its insufficient labor quality and infrastructure investment, fractured society, market restrictions, and trade protectionism, the South Asian nation is unlikely to replace China in the global manufacturing supply chain anytime soon.

To begin with, India’s labor quality and infrastructure availability fall far behind China’s. Many people consider India’s low labor costs a key advantage vis-à-vis China. ... However, what good are low labor costs if the benefits are also relatively low? Despite India’s laudable development achievements in the past few decades, its capability enhancements have lagged far behind China’s.
Not to mention, India’s state capacity is less extensive than China’s, and many Indians who grow up in slums live their entire lives without government files. Therefore, India’s lag in labor capability enhancement behind China is likely worse than what official data suggest.
Besides labor, manufacturing also requires capital, especially infrastructure. Few developing countries can compete with China in this regard, and India is no exception.
In addition, India’s fractured society diminishes the advantages of its large population. Throughout history, India has been a more diverse country than China. It consists of people of different classes, ethnicities, religions, and languages. As economists Rohit Lamba and Arvind Subramanian put it, “constituting one-seventh of humanity, fissured horizontally by region, religion and language, and ossified vertically by caste and patriarchy, India is as much a subcontinent of quasi-sovereign states as a unitary country.” Such immense diversity across multiple dimensions might have had negative impacts on India’s economic development. "

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/india-can%E2%80%99t-dethrone-china-world%E2%80%99s-manufacturing-power-204076

Re: India Can’t Dethrone China as the World’s Manufacturing Power

<91abc3f2-2618-497d-a5b7-30de213ceec1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10289&group=soc.culture.china#10289

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 09:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_India_Can’t_Dethrone_China_as_the_World’s_Ma
nufacturing_Power
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 16:28 UTC

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 1:28:08 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "Ever since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, many in the West have discussed the need for supply-chain diversification to decrease their dependence on China for manufactured goods. Recently, these conversations reemerged as China faced new lockdowns that paused economic activities. Due to its large and young population, lower wages, and relatively diverse industries, India has been a popular candidate for replacing China as a manufacturing powerhouse in the global supply chain. As an English-speaking liberal democracy as well as a member of the Quad and the newly introduced Indo-Pacific Economic Framework (IPEF), India also enjoys close relations with Western countries, many of whose business leaders happen to be ethnic Indians. Additionally, last month, the United Nations predicted that India’s population would surpass China’s in 2023.
> Unfortunately for India, due to its insufficient labor quality and infrastructure investment, fractured society, market restrictions, and trade protectionism, the South Asian nation is unlikely to replace China in the global manufacturing supply chain anytime soon.
>
> To begin with, India’s labor quality and infrastructure availability fall far behind China’s. Many people consider India’s low labor costs a key advantage vis-à-vis China. ... However, what good are low labor costs if the benefits are also relatively low? Despite India’s laudable development achievements in the past few decades, its capability enhancements have lagged far behind China’s.
> Not to mention, India’s state capacity is less extensive than China’s, and many Indians who grow up in slums live their entire lives without government files. Therefore, India’s lag in labor capability enhancement behind China is likely worse than what official data suggest..
> Besides labor, manufacturing also requires capital, especially infrastructure. Few developing countries can compete with China in this regard, and India is no exception.
> In addition, India’s fractured society diminishes the advantages of its large population. Throughout history, India has been a more diverse country than China. It consists of people of different classes, ethnicities, religions, and languages. As economists Rohit Lamba and Arvind Subramanian put it, “constituting one-seventh of humanity, fissured horizontally by region, religion and language, and ossified vertically by caste and patriarchy, India is as much a subcontinent of quasi-sovereign states as a unitary country.” Such immense diversity across multiple dimensions might have had negative impacts on India’s economic development. "
>
> https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/india-can%E2%80%99t-dethrone-china-world%E2%80%99s-manufacturing-power-204076

All these explainers clearly pointed to why and how India will not be able to be manufacturing power at all. Seriously, without these explainers on them, India is an absolute useless at all.

Re: India Can’t Dethrone China as the World’s Manufacturing Power

<6f0358ef-b04b-44ad-8305-a1f3aa04398en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10327&group=soc.culture.china#10327

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:52:54 -0700 (PDT)
nufacturing_Power
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 16:52 UTC

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 12:28:34 PM UTC-4, stoney wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/india-can%E2%80%99t-dethrone-china-world%E2%80%99s-manufacturing-power-204076
> All these explainers clearly pointed to why and how India will not be able to be manufacturing power at all. Seriously, without these explainers on them, India is an absolute useless at all.

Another more important issue is whether global economy can expand indefinitely.
Since the low WWII, global economy has expand many times.
During the period of 1960 to 2020, global GDP has expanded from $1392 billion to $96100 billion.
https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/WLD/world/gdp-gross-domestic-product

Would 70+ years of boom time followed by a few decades of contraction?
Has India missed the train?

Signs are not good.
Countries large and small are subcumbing to MMT, aka, Modern Monetary Theory or Magic Money Tree.
Is Sri Lanka the canary in the coal mine?

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: India Can’t Dethrone China as the World’s Manufacturing Power