Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  newsreader  groups  login

What the scientists have in their briefcases is terrifying. -- Nikita Khruschev


computers / rocksolid.nodes.announce / Re: Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light Node

SubjectAuthor
* Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light NodeSyber Shock
`* Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light NodeRetro Guy
 `* Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid LightSyber Shock
  `- Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light NodeRetro Guy

1
Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light Node
  rocksolid.nodes.announce
Path: i2pn2.org!rocksolid2!.POSTED.nightbulb.net!not-for-mail
From: adm...@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light Node
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 01:44:05 -0500
Organization: sybershock.com
Message-ID: <5757728011b7f7bfe151be17bc2e1727$1@sybershock.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: novabbs.org; posting-account="sybershock"; posting-host="nightbulb.net:216.24.252.247";
logging-data="5959"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Syber Shock - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 06:44 UTC

This is the first post from the Syber Shock NNTP / RSLight node.

https://sybershock.com

Syber Shock is a project to create a genteel work space for examining
the cryptic things of creation and building new cryptic things. It may
also serve as a litmus testing ground for the last century of retro
braintrust.

The people who invented computers are now giving way to a generation
that can hardly spell 'computer' or find their own city or country on a
map. Spaces like retroshock may be a reminder of how to do simple things
with with older technology or better yet, without it, instead
using the mind.

Clearnet NNTP and Tor HTTP access are currently blocked on the
sybershock.com domain. Users wanting posting credentials will need to
contact sysop via email first, from the email address that will be used
for reader access and posting. Just write a short message proving you
are not a bot. Before all that, read the terms of service on
https://sybershock.com. The TOS will be enforced ruthlessly.

This node will not carry a full Usenet feed. It carries a few
rocksolid.* groups and some alt.* groups related to cryptography and
'sublime' interests like poetry, philosophy, philology, antiquities,
textual criticism, fables, and myths. It is not very interesting /yet/.
In time it /will/ get interesting.

Over time sybershock.com will carry a bundle of locally created groups
in the syber.* and sybershock.* hierarchies. The local groups will be
focused on work and examination of work product, especially in
cryptography and communications software.

Currently signup is manual only via email until Retro Guy is finished
with his manual approval mods in the admin interface. I am only
interested in having workers on my node's local groups. I will also
create local groups for projects upon request--if there is evidence of
serious effort on a relevant project. I want to provide a space for
creators who are making useful or inspirational works. The sybershock
local groups will be a place to announce and discuss them without noise
and disruption.

For clearnet peering contact sysop using the PGP key at the above link.
Provide your peering information so sysop can verify that you have an
actual peer and are not a spammer. Peers would need to agree to delete
and NoCem any trolling, noise, click-gruntery, mindless web peasantry,
or disruption in the syber.* and sybershock.* hierarchies that might
originate with their servers.

As a check against disruption spam Tor and I2P peering will be disabled
on this node. This particular peer is not for darknet peering. It is
for publicly accessible work products of creative hackers and writers
and artists. It will serve as a reference point for creative works that
are meant to be public and subject to scrutiny.

--

SugarBug | https://sybershock.com

Re: Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light Node
  rocksolid.nodes.announce
Path: i2pn2.org!.POSTED.novabbs-org!not-for-mail
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Re: Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light Node
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 10:45:58 +0000
Organization: Rocksolid Light
Message-ID: <f4a95d268d8a66662fd092c52f6feeed@news.novabbs.org>
References: <5757728011b7f7bfe151be17bc2e1727$1@sybershock.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: i2pn2.i2pn2.org; posting-account="novabbs.org"; posting-host="novabbs-org:10.136.143.187";
logging-data="27670"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@i2pn2.org"
User-Agent: Rocksolid Light 0.7.2
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.2 (2018-09-13) on novabbs.org
X-Rslight-Site: $2y$10$1A8S24r76fH23tpb.QguZeMxavL/UrjrAnIeGBf4lnV/2zpKrJo7y
X-Rslight-Posting-User: 91053d4a47d51b416144568e5a1040f05e31ed1b
X-Face: .&YR-G(w(DZ$$,}%k=]*5*!p'=(anr"IT`wZG'2VWdfl\r)l[42u7JH`n(JUQ*e5*A|XCDf
?&\X&uwkl38"CYX3O8m}C8E4p'%N$2#kSTVzx{Ly|DjLT\Vk7NE}NQ(VC$Yq]i:7|z[.9iv^g>*8_B
H0=hZt'[%)4kG|
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 10:45 UTC

Syber Shock wrote:

> This is the first post from the Syber Shock NNTP / RSLight node.

> https://sybershock.com

Very nice theme!

It seems your local nntp server (local_server) may not be running atm.

> Syber Shock is a project to create a genteel work space for examining
> the cryptic things of creation and building new cryptic things. It may
> also serve as a litmus testing ground for the last century of retro
> braintrust.

Interesting. Looking forward to learning a few things reading there.

> The people who invented computers are now giving way to a generation
> that can hardly spell 'computer' or find their own city or country on a
> map. Spaces like retroshock may be a reminder of how to do simple things
> with with older technology or better yet, without it, instead
> using the mind.

Sad how the internet was so intriguing for some years as many of us
experimented and found out what we can do with it. Now, if it doesn't
display properly on your phone (some ppl's only internet access), it's
just tossed aside. No curiosity, no memory of life before internet.

> This node will not carry a full Usenet feed. It carries a few
> rocksolid.* groups and some alt.* groups related to cryptography and
> 'sublime' interests like poetry, philosophy, philology, antiquities,
> textual criticism, fables, and myths. It is not very interesting /yet/.
> In time it /will/ get interesting.

> Over time sybershock.com will carry a bundle of locally created groups
> in the syber.* and sybershock.* hierarchies. The local groups will be
> focused on work and examination of work product, especially in
> cryptography and communications software.

Interested in watching the progress of this new community.

--
Retro Guy

Re: Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light Node
  rocksolid.nodes.announce
Path: i2pn2.org!rocksolid2!.POSTED.nightbulb.net!not-for-mail
From: adm...@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Re: Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light
Node
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 17:44:05 -0500
Organization: sybershock.com
Message-ID: <3098d0ea6e2eb7f750ff6210480c24a6$1@sybershock.com>
References: <5757728011b7f7bfe151be17bc2e1727$1@sybershock.com>
<f4a95d268d8a66662fd092c52f6feeed@news.novabbs.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: novabbs.org; posting-account="sybershock"; posting-host="nightbulb.net:216.24.252.247";
logging-data="13733"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Syber Shock - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 22:44 UTC

On Sat, 8 Apr 2023 10:45:58 +0000
retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy) wrote:

> Syber Shock wrote:
>
> > This is the first post from the Syber Shock NNTP / RSLight node.
>
> > https://sybershock.com
>
> Very nice theme!
>
> It seems your local nntp server (local_server) may not be running atm.

<snip>

It's firewalled off from clearnet for the time being while I figure out
a few things. Until I figure out all the features and automation for
doing cancel locks, NoCem, spam control, and cleanfeed, Signup will
need to be manual and the NNTP server will remain behind a secret
address.

I will post a separate thread to ask about that stuff.
> Interesting. Looking forward to learning a few things reading there.

<snip>

I'm envisioning a hybrid of VIXRA and IACR for newsgroups where all
disruption is prohibited so the focus is entirely on work product
rather than personalities. Slights, barbs, flippant remarks, and other
childish nonsense will be prohibited with ruthlessness. If it isn't
relevant to a work product then it isn't relevant. For every one person
actually producing something useful there are ten thousand popinjays
and critics who have all the answers to everything they don't
understand.

Academia and media have set up a ideological machine to censor and
troll all dissent from their authoritarian agitprop. Many of the people
posting on Usenet are reactionary gatekeepers who dogpile to troll and
harass any dissent from the authoritarian views of the ruling class.
They parrot the dicta of their teachers as if axiomatic truth. They
like to call this 'consensus.' Just ask the Spanish Inquisition what
their 'consensus' was at the time.

They love their masters and want to protect their informational racket.
Many of the people I have interacted with are hopelessly brainwashed by
elite propaganda and lack any ability to question the fake reality they
are fed. Their go-to responses are slurs, slanders, and flippant
remarks without substance.

That nonsense will not be tolerated on this particular node. They may
call it censorship--the very thing they are doing with their noise
machine. They dogpile, harrangue, deflect, and distract with so much
irrelevant and incendiary blather that any real discussion is squelched
by their stream of bile. That kind of activity is censorship disguised
as commentary.
> Sad how the internet was so intriguing for some years as many of us
> experimented and found out what we can do with it. Now, if it doesn't
> display properly on your phone (some ppl's only internet access), it's
> just tossed aside. No curiosity, no memory of life before internet.

Is there an app for that? ;)

Never mind that the app tracks and reports your activity which is sold
to the surveillance machine.

I remember life before the Internet. It was FREE. I could run around
anywhere and explore. There was no texting or calling. People actually
visited each other often. Nowadays people seem paranoid, brittle, and
aggressive. When showing up to visit they act like it is impinging on
their TV time which is important when you have 500 channels. They get
their news poison from the phone and social media, and it shows in their
character development.

<snip>
> Interested in watching the progress of this new community.

If I can bring together even a half dozen independent and fearless
thinkers we can have a blast. If I can find a dozen or more workers the
flow of ideas ought to inspire someone in the group to eventually create
something useful. Ideas rarely solidify in a vacuum or a churn.

The establishment lickspittles can read on the web forum interface. But
they won't have the privilege of disrupting like they do almost
everywhere else. I have no more patience for them. Not a shred. As far
as I am concerned they can have their bubble and stay out of mine. They
can have their phone apps and canned responses to everything. They get
what they deserve.

--

SugarBug | https://sybershock.com

Re: Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light Node
  rocksolid.nodes.announce
Path: i2pn2.org!.POSTED.novabbs-org!not-for-mail
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Re: Hello From Syber Shock Sugar Bug - Testing a Rocksolid Light Node
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 18:49:05 +0000
Organization: Rocksolid Light
Message-ID: <b2b647636590600f7f0ddcf60a08dd80@news.novabbs.org>
References: <5757728011b7f7bfe151be17bc2e1727$1@sybershock.com> <f4a95d268d8a66662fd092c52f6feeed@news.novabbs.org> <3098d0ea6e2eb7f750ff6210480c24a6$1@sybershock.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: i2pn2.i2pn2.org; posting-account="novabbs.org"; posting-host="novabbs-org:10.136.143.187";
logging-data="2081"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@i2pn2.org"
User-Agent: Rocksolid Light 0.7.2
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.2 (2018-09-13) on novabbs.org
X-Rslight-Site: $2y$10$vQ3l2zxCIVWA2if674MSZujEUf8.hVYtsU8ugC7QFtOE.LK9yZG2i
X-Rslight-Posting-User: 91053d4a47d51b416144568e5a1040f05e31ed1b
X-Face: .&YR-G(w(DZ$$,}%k=]*5*!p'=(anr"IT`wZG'2VWdfl\r)l[42u7JH`n(JUQ*e5*A|XCDf
?&\X&uwkl38"CYX3O8m}C8E4p'%N$2#kSTVzx{Ly|DjLT\Vk7NE}NQ(VC$Yq]i:7|z[.9iv^g>*8_B
H0=hZt'[%)4kG|
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 18:49 UTC

Syber Shock wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Apr 2023 10:45:58 +0000
> retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy) wrote:

>> Syber Shock wrote:
>>
>> > This is the first post from the Syber Shock NNTP / RSLight node.
>>
>> > https://sybershock.com
>>
>> Very nice theme!
>>
>> It seems your local nntp server (local_server) may not be running atm.

> <snip>

> It's firewalled off from clearnet for the time being while I figure out
> a few things. Until I figure out all the features and automation for
> doing cancel locks, NoCem, spam control, and cleanfeed, Signup will
> need to be manual and the NNTP server will remain behind a secret
> address.

When I first visited your site, it would not display articles as "Failed to
connect to newsserver", which happens when nntp.php is not running. Once I
saw your reply here and tried again, it's all working fine :)

> I'm envisioning a hybrid of VIXRA and IACR for newsgroups where all
> disruption is prohibited so the focus is entirely on work product
> rather than personalities. Slights, barbs, flippant remarks, and other
> childish nonsense will be prohibited with ruthlessness. If it isn't
> relevant to a work product then it isn't relevant. For every one person
> actually producing something useful there are ten thousand popinjays
> and critics who have all the answers to everything they don't
> understand.

Again, looking forward to seeing this community develop!

--
Retro Guy

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.5
clearnet tor