But it does move! -- Galileo Galilei

computers / alt.free.newsservers / Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.

SubjectAuthor
* Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.Nick Agostini
`* Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.Jesse Rehmer
 `* Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.Nick Agostini
  +* Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.William Stickers
  |+- Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.Sn!pe
  |`- Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.Couch Potato
  `- Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.Nick Agostini

1
Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.

<uqgkbj$1jon$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3777&group=alt.free.newsservers#3777

From: nickagos...@hughesnet.com (Nick Agostini)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Subject: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:44:35 -0500
 by: Nick Agostini - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 20:44 UTC

Sending via paganini because blueworld won't send this message.

I tried a thousand times to send a detailed message using Blueworld
yesterday and today (and in the past this has happened) but I get:

Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.

There's nothing indicating the problem.
Especially since a one-liner works before and after.

So there must be some 'paga-like' undecipherable filter.
But what?

I broke the long message into three reasonably equal parts.
The first two went.
The third won't send.

Same completely meaningless error to me.
I edit out a few words which might be controversial (but not really).
Nope.
Still fails.
Same meaningless (to me) error.

Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.

This isn't really about Blueworld as bofh does the same kind of
stuff which I don't blame them. They have unimaginable filters.

They're basically random.
But they'd doing "something" but I can't tell.

Here's what will not post through blueworld even though I edited out what I
thought might be getting caught in it's paga-like secret filtering system.

------------[ Start here ]---------------

> Tonight we watched
> an old Clark Gable movie, "It Happened One Night", downloaaded
> from archive.org.

I can find anything that has been uploaded by someone on the Internet,
where I read a lot of books which are found on the libgen type sites.

Pretty much, if someone uploaded it, it's easy to find nowadays.

You just have to know how to use the tools, bitto--rrents being some
of them, onion addresses being another & downloaders being another still.

For example, this shows that Clark Gable movie is easily available
https://thep--ira--teba--y.o--rg/search.php?q=It+Happened+One+Night

All you'd have to do is download this magnet.
https://the-pir-ate-bay.-org/search.php?q=It+Happened+One+Night

In a few minutes (depending on your download speeds of course)
you could have the movie on your PC to watch at your leisure.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0025316/
IMDB RATING: 8.3
FORMAT.......................: MP4
CODEC........................: X264
GENRE........................: Comedy
FILE SIZE....................: 1.64 GB
RESOLUTION...................: 1440*1080
FRAME RATE...................: 23.976 fps
LANGUAGE.....................: English
SUBTITLES....................: NONE
RUNTIME......................: 105 mins
"Ellie Andrews has just tied the knot with society aviator King Westley
when she is whisked away to her father's yacht and out of King's clutches.
Ellie jumps ship and eventually winds up on a bus headed back to her
husband. Reluctantly she must accept the help of out-of- work reporter
Peter Warne. Actually, Warne doesn't give her any choice: either she sticks
with him until he gets her back to her husband, or he'll blow the whistle
on Ellie to her father. Either way, Peter gets what (he thinks!) he wants
..... a really juicy newspaper story."

Anyway, if you use torr--ents, my suggestion (of course) is to use Tor,
and then grab the magnet, and since latency is revealing, wait a few
days, and then grab the movie from that saved magnet (so you haven't been
on the Tor browser recently), where I'd switch free VPN servers every
once in a while by way of habit, and implement the typical killswitch
in case the free VPN drops out, and so on... but I'm sure you know that
stuff as it's the basic stuff everyone does when they torrent movies.

Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.

<uqgmi5$177r$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3778&group=alt.free.newsservers#3778

From: jesse.re...@blueworldhosting.com (Jesse Rehmer)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 21:22:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jesse Rehmer - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 21:22 UTC

On Feb 13, 2024 at 2:44:35 PM CST, "Nick Agostini"
<nickagostini07822@hughesnet.com> wrote:

> Sending via paganini because blueworld won't send this message.
>
> I tried a thousand times to send a detailed message using Blueworld
> yesterday and today (and in the past this has happened) but I get:
>
> Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.
>
> There's nothing indicating the problem.
> Especially since a one-liner works before and after.
>
> So there must be some 'paga-like' undecipherable filter.
> But what?
>
> I broke the long message into three reasonably equal parts.
> The first two went.
> The third won't send.
>
> Same completely meaningless error to me.
> I edit out a few words which might be controversial (but not really).
> Nope.
> Still fails.
> Same meaningless (to me) error.
>
> Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.
>
> This isn't really about Blueworld as bofh does the same kind of
> stuff which I don't blame them. They have unimaginable filters.
>
> They're basically random.
> But they'd doing "something" but I can't tell.

Are you using Thunderbird? There may be a bug with the latest version as
multiple users seem to be having problems today. I cannot reproduce any issue
with other clients and all I see are errors that the Article is empty, or the
client has not authenticated.

There are multiple 'users' here, but these are the errors I see today:

Feb 13 04:07:58 spool1 nnrpd[96129]: user-hostname post failed Article is
empty
Feb 13 04:08:42 spool1 nnrpd[96129]: user-hostname post failed Article is
empty
Feb 13 04:13:16 spool1 nnrpd[96129]: user-hostname post failed Article is
empty
Feb 13 04:19:37 spool1 nnrpd[96129]: user-hostname post failed Article is
empty
Feb 13 04:32:45 spool1 nnrpd[85649]: user-hostname post failed You are not
allowed to post to free.test
Feb 13 04:40:21 spool1 nnrpd[163]: user-hostname post failed You are not
allowed to post to 1.test
Feb 13 05:33:19 spool1 nnrpd[72715]: user-hostname post failed You are not
allowed to post to alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Feb 13 06:13:39 spool1 nnrpd[28812]: user-hostname post failed You are not
allowed to post to rec.crafts.metalworking
Feb 13 06:19:56 spool1 nnrpd[42590]: user-hostname post failed You are not
allowed to post to rec.crafts.metalworking
Feb 13 06:36:28 spool1 nnrpd[56971]: user-hostname post failed You are not
allowed to post to rec.crafts.metalworking
Feb 13 15:00:22 spool1 nnrpd[8588]: user-hostname post failed Article has no
body -- just headers

Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.

<uqgpvp$1s7n$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3779&group=alt.free.newsservers#3779

From: nickagos...@hughesnet.com (Nick Agostini)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 17:20:41 -0500
 by: Nick Agostini - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 22:20 UTC

On 2024-02-13, Jesse Rehmer <jesse.rehmer@blueworldhosting.com> wrote:
>> They're basically random.
>> But they'd doing "something" but I can't tell.
>
> Are you using Thunderbird?

Hi Jesse,
I wasn't expecting you to respond as this isn't really about Blueworld and
I didn't want to bother you. I'm sure it's a filtering thing, where I
appreciate that you and Ivo (and Steve used to, as did Paolo) allow us to
use your servers - which you don't have to - so I appreciate it.

I'm well aware you have to filter, and I'm even understanding that the
filters themselves have to be like the enigma machine so that the spammers
can't figure them out (Ivo is a genius at that - you'll never find the
badword even though it's always going to be hiding in plain sight). :)

Here is the message ID of the post (split into three posts) when it finally
went through (literally I had to have tried more than a dozen times, maybe
as many as two dozen, and then, whoose, it went but I dropped the
newsgroups to only one and removed every possible badword I could think of
- although none were bad).

As for your question of whether I'm using Thunderbird, I have no idea what
the headers say, I never look at them, as I don't use a newsreader. I have
scripts that have been working for, oh, I don't know, ten or fifteen years.

They seed the headers and keep to the same headers per newsgroup and
thread, but I don't even know what it might be at any given time.

It stays consistent per news server though (otherwise it would drive you
kind admins nuts) and no, I don't troll. I care about privacy. I could look
though to see what the header is... so give me a second to see what it says
the newsreader is. OK. The header says the newsreader is the following:

But as I said, every single thing in the header comes out of a dictionary
lookup but stays consistent per server - so from your side - it's always
consistent (as it's designed for privacy from everyone except from you).

The only thing of value in the header is the body which is SUPPOSED to be
the only thing of value (the kooks in the sig care only about the header).

My main question is really what does that error mean to me when it
pops out of the telnet scripts that Marek Novotny wrote for us years ago?
Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.

I assumed that message was coming directly from your nntp server.
Was it?

My posts are often extremely detailed because I'm one out of million people
who is always helpful trying to teach and learn from everyone - so they're
often very long - where if I truncate the EXACT SAME MESSAGE to a shorter
length, it goes through (which is how it eventually was sent in 3 parts).

However, your server wouldn't let me respond to the same message ID twice
it seemed, so I had to respond to my response, and even that took about a
dozen tries to get through.

Again, what I was really asking is what does the error tell me is the
issue, and I wasn't asking for you to take your time as I don't want to
make you do that as you are being nice to me by letting me use your server.
--
Childish responses inevitably from the likes of Sn!pe & Skeeter & Seemus
& Pooh & every %^2 incarnation of Rod Speed are already filtered out.

Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.

<1ySyN.716523$Lo1.647936@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3780&group=alt.free.newsservers#3780

From: bill.sti...@innocent.com (William Stickers)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 23:02:22 -0000
 by: William Stickers - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 23:02 UTC

Nick Agostini wrote:
> Childish responses inevitably from the likes of Sn!pe & Skeeter & Seemus
> & Pooh & every %^2 incarnation of Rod Speed are already filtered out.

You could wear a penguin suit and blow a trumpet with your arse
and everyone would still know it's you, Arlen. Your posting style
doesn't change and your nymshifting just makes you look stoopid.

Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.

<1qow3zu.15xc8cidhvp82N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3781&group=alt.free.newsservers#3781

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 23:33:03 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 23:33 UTC

William Stickers <bill.stickers@innocent.com> wrote:

> Nick Agostini wrote:
> > Childish responses inevitably from the likes of Sn!pe & Skeeter & Seemus
> > & Pooh & every %^2 incarnation of Rod Speed are already filtered out.
>
> You could wear a penguin suit and blow a trumpet with your arse
> and everyone would still know it's you, Arlen. Your posting style
> doesn't change and your nymshifting just makes you look stoopid.

lol

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.

<uqgv7j$23qv$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3782&group=alt.free.newsservers#3782

From: nickagos...@hughesnet.com (Nick Agostini)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 18:50:10 -0500
 by: Nick Agostini - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 23:50 UTC

On 2024-02-13, Nick Agostini <nickagostini07822@hughesnet.com> wrote:Hi
Jesse - a long post just failed again, moments ago.

I think the only thing that is common on the messages that fail versus the
messages that work is the length. Nothing more complicated than that.

But you'd know better - so here is the id I was trying to respond to.

Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054; Connection reset by peer.

<ed3a37e1c6558aedcc7be350e8074ab6@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3791&group=alt.free.newsservers#3791

From: non...@but.write (Couch Potato)
Subject: Re: Posting article failed: Socket Error # 10054;
Connection reset by peer.
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 13:19:01 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
 by: Couch Potato - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 12:19 UTC

On 13 Feb 2024, William Stickers <bill.stickers@innocent.com> posted
some news:1ySyN.716523$Lo1.647936@usenetxs.com:

> Nick Agostini wrote:
>> Childish responses inevitably from the likes of Sn!pe & Skeeter &
>> Seemus & Pooh & every %^2 incarnation of Rod Speed are already
>> filtered out.
>
> You could wear a penguin suit and blow a trumpet with your arse
> and everyone would still know it's you, Arlen. Your posting style
> doesn't change and your nymshifting just makes you look stoopid.

Lol! BLAFLART! TOOT! TOOT! Got him.