From: J...@M (D)
Subject: Fw: How to contact DejaNews
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 20:08:23 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
 by: D - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 19:08 UTC

On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 14:15:38 +0000, manta103g@gmail.com (darius) wrote:
>https://indexarticles.com/business/business-wire/deja-news-names-three-new-executives-to-management-team-guy-hoffman-bill-townsend-and-david-wilson-join-leader-in-internet-discussion-group-services/
Deja News Inc.
Echelon II
Suite 300
9430 Research Blvd
Austin, Texas 78759
(97W44:40,30N23:05)

(using Tor Browser 13.0.8)
> [...]
>"What drew me to Deja News was the opportunity to facilitate electronic community
>and pioneer the next generation of Internet-enabled marketing," Hoffman commented.
>"Internet Discussion Groups are the heart of the most exciting and powerful aspect
>of the Internet -- community -- and I am committed to making Deja News the
>undisputed leader in this space. Our highly segmented IDG audience and unique
>technology enables us to be the leader in defining a new marketing paradigm,
>complete Internet marketing campaigns. I look forward to working with the Deja News
>team to establish the company as the preeminent provider in these new business
>segments."
>The new Vice President of Business Development, Bill Townsend, is responsible for
>expanding and enhancing the company's strategic industry partnerships. Townsend has
>a strong background in the Internet, advertising and business development arenas.
>During his tenure at Lycos, Townsend played a major role in developing the company's
>sales, marketing and advertising infrastructure, drawing upon his previous experience
>at several companies including Ketchum Advertising, one of the largest advertising
>agency networks in the world.
>Deja News' other new executive, Vice President of Marketing David Wilson, oversees
>all marketing functions including product management, product marketing, public
>relations and marketing communications. Before joining Deja News, Wilson built the
>consumer division at Micrografx, Inc., creating and launching several successful
>products including Crayola Art Studio and American Greetings CreataCard. Wilson most
>recently served as director of brand management at Micrografx with responsibility for
>its enterprise, web and consumer product lines.
>About Deja News, Inc.
>Deja News is the operator of the largest search-and-retrieval engine for Internet
>Discussion Groups on the World Wide Web. Founded in May 1995, Deja News provides
>users with an easy and powerful Web interface for participating in discussions with
>people of like interests and for searching Internet Discussion Groups, including
>Usenet newsgroups. Building on Deja News' extensive database and proprietary search
>technology, Deja News' eMarketing Campaign offers marketers a comprehensive suite of
>Internet-based marketing programs for rapidly reaching and influencing large, highly
>segmented and dynamic audiences. Deja News serves as the Internet Discussion Group
>search resource for America Online, AT&T WorldNet Service, Bell South, Excite,
>Infoseek, Lycos, Microsoft's Internet Explorer, The Microsoft Network, Open Text,
>WebCrawler and Yahoo! Deja News is free to users and can be found on the Web at
>http://www.dejanews.com . -0-
>NOTE TO EDITORS: Deja News is a registered trademark of Deja News, Inc. All other
>names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
[end quote]

Re: Fw: How to contact DejaNews

<uobvuo$2nper$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3708&group=alt.free.newsservers#3708

From: gmke...@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Subject: Re: Fw: How to contact DejaNews
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 20:59:22 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 19:59 UTC

On 1/18/2024 8:08 PM, D wrote:
> [...]
>> people of like interests and for searching Internet Discussion Groups, including
>> Usenet newsgroups. Building on Deja News' extensive database and proprietary search
>> technology, Deja News' eMarketing Campaign offers marketers a comprehensive suite of
>> Internet-based marketing programs for rapidly reaching and influencing large, highly
>> segmented and dynamic audiences. Deja News serves as the Internet Discussion Group
>> search resource for America Online, AT&T WorldNet Service, Bell South, Excite,
>> Infoseek, Lycos, Microsoft's Internet Explorer, The Microsoft Network, Open Text,
>> WebCrawler and Yahoo! Deja News is free to users and can be found on the Web at
>> http://www.dejanews.com . -0-
>> NOTE TO EDITORS: Deja News is a registered trademark of Deja News, Inc. All other
>> names are the trademarks of their respective companies.

wait, what? Deja News still exists? but that article is from 27 years ago

Re: Fw: How to contact DejaNews

<89a74afc527adad561350b36b6d16f35@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3709&group=alt.free.newsservers#3709

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 22:37:40 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
 by: D - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 21:37 UTC

On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 20:59:22 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 1/18/2024 8:08 PM, D wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 14:15:38 +0000, manta103g@gmail.com (darius) wrote:
>>> https://indexarticles.com/business/business-wire/deja-news-names-three-new-executives-to-management-team-guy-hoffman-bill-townsend-and-david-wilson-join-leader-in-internet-discussion-group-services/
>>
>> Deja News Inc.
>> Echelon II
>> Suite 300
>> 9430 Research Blvd
>> Austin, Texas 78759
>> (97W44:40,30N23:05)
>> (using Tor Browser 13.0.8)
>> https://indexarticles.com/business/business-wire/deja-news-names-three-new-executives-to-management-team-guy-hoffman-bill-townsend-and-david-wilson-join-leader-in-internet-discussion-group-services/
>>> Deja News Names Three New Executives to Management Team; Guy Hoffman, Bill Townsend
>>> and David Wilson Join Leader in Internet Discussion Group Services
>>> AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 6, 1997--Deja News, Inc. (http://www.dejanews.com)
snip

>wait, what? Deja News still exists? but that article is from 27 years ago

a cheerful lying in state ceremony could be held after the 22 february
deadline ... here lyeth google2news ... diis manibus ... rest in peace
__________________ __________________
/ \ / \
| | | |
| Deja-News D.M. | | Google2News D.M. |
| Diis Manibus | | Diis Manibus |
| 12 February 2001 | | 22 February 2024 |
| R.I.P. | | R.I.P. |
| | | |
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

a group seance by candlelight using a ouija board at midnight during a
full moon while holding hands might work... necromancy is big business

Re: ??????????????Fw: How to contact DejaNews??????????????

<ZxxqN.225603$7sbb.56885@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3711&group=alt.free.newsservers#3711

From: ricksabi...@gmail.corn (Rick Sabian's Allstar Canadian Assworm Zydeco Band)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 08:36:08 -0800
 by: Rick Sabian's A - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 16:36 UTC

On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 20:59:22 +0100, LO AND BEHOLD; kyonshi

On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 01:13:57 +0000, ??????????Jen?????????? Dershmender

> Let's think for a second who owns "dejanews" hostnames and DNS.
>
> M'kay?

WELL, "LO AND BEHOLD"

<one second later...>

Now what?

--
Rick Sabian's Allstar Canadian Assworm Zydeco Band