From: nore...@mixmin.net (D)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 22:08:56 +0000
Subject: Deja News - Posting Rules and Information
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
 by: D - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 22:08 UTC

http://dejanews.com/info/postrules.shtml
> [...]
>text of the attributed article are included by prefixing them with (usually)
>">".
>Often many levels of attribution, caused by users quoting and requoting other
>people will cause lots of ">"s to stack up.
>Using a Signature
>Articles typically end with a signature, which is just a small section of
>text which contains personal info, like your name and email address, where
>you work, maybe a disclaimer that the post doesn't represent your employer,
>or even a favorite quote. Signatures should not be too long or verbose. The
>customary maximum size is 4 lines by 80 characters. People who post with
>excessively long signatures sometimes get flamed
>http://dejanews.com/info/postrules.shtml#flames .
>What is a "flame"?
>A flame is:
> * A posting that contains more heat (abuse, nasty language) than light
> (information), usually for the purpose of showing what a complete idiot the
> flame's author is.
> * A posting that rants on and on about a particular peeve.
> * sometimes just a flame. If someone flames you, it usually reflects more on
> their maturity level, than on you. Don't let them hurt your feelings.
> * About 90% of Usenet :-).
>Flames http://dejanews.com/info/glossary.shtml#flame can sometimes be amusing,
>but really folks, anyone who's been around Usenet long enough can tell you
>they've seen their fill of flamage. If you come up with a really good one, and
>you aren't out to intentionally hurt someone, then please feel free to flame
>on. Just don't post anything that you might regret later, because in Deja News,
>your post will live forever!
>What is a "followup"?
>A followup is an article that is in reply to a previous article. It normally
>contains part of the preceding article with some commentary. When articles are
>viewed in a threaded newsreader, a followup is normally indented more than the
>previous article.
>Caveats and Disclaimers
>Have we already said that when you post to Usenet, your post is sent to a
>cooperative network of hundreds of thousands of computers and perhaps millions
>of people?
>We provide this posting service free-of-charge, and make no guarantees or
>warranties whatsoever. We will attempt to make it do what we say it should do
>(post to Usenet), but mistakes can happen. If your post gets lost or slips on a
>banana on its way to everlasting glory on the Net, well, we refuse to be held
>accountable. Please see our Policy Stuff http://dejanews.com/info/policy.shtml
>page for an even more general disclaimer.
>Home * Communities * My Deja News * Power Search * Post
>About Deja News * Ad Info * Our Advertisers
>Copyright (c) 1995-99 Deja News, Inc. All rights reserved.
>Conditions of use * Site privacy statement reviewed by TRUSTe
[end quote]

Re: Deja News - Posting Rules and Information

<WLCjN.93147$Ama9.33350@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3617&group=alt.free.newsservers#3617

Subject: Re: Deja News - Posting Rules and Information
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
From: Ton...@TheDeliKing.ca (Tony)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 11:48:53 -0500
 by: Tony - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 16:48 UTC

D wrote:
> [...]
>> Have we already said that when you post to Usenet, your post is sent to a
>> cooperative network of hundreds of thousands of computers and perhaps millions
>> of people?
>> We provide this posting service free-of-charge, and make no guarantees or
>> warranties whatsoever. We will attempt to make it do what we say it should do
>> (post to Usenet), but mistakes can happen. If your post gets lost or slips on a
>> banana on its way to everlasting glory on the Net, well, we refuse to be held
>> accountable. Please see our Policy Stuff http://dejanews.com/info/policy.shtml
>> page for an even more general disclaimer.
>> Home * Communities * My Deja News * Power Search * Post
>> About Deja News * Ad Info * Our Advertisers
>> Copyright (c) 1995-99 Deja News, Inc. All rights reserved.
>> Conditions of use * Site privacy statement reviewed by TRUSTe

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /info/postrules.shtml was not found on this server.
That’s all we know.