From: retro...@i2pn2.org (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,rocksolid.nodes
Subject: Re: somebody is flooding comp.lang.c with Thai spam
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 06:50:32 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 13:50 UTC

On Sun, 8 Oct 2023 16:23:33 +0300
Anton Shepelev <anton.txt@gmail.moc> wrote:

> Retro Guy:
>
> > I've been doing the same for i2pn2.org for the past 6
> > weeks or so and I agree, it's a very interesting challenge
> > using spamassassin for Usenet.
>
> Your server seems really good at filtering this recent Thai
> SPAM. I have checked CLC and several other groups -- and
> there is very little or no SPAM at all, whereas normal GG
> articles are present. Great job!

Hi Anton,

Thanks! I'm trying to filter by content, not by group or poster
when possible.

> If I propose your server as the only (due to software
> limitations) peer for a Usenet-to-FidoNet gateway I use,
> will it be getting the same messages as a newsclient does,
> that is already cleared of SPAM?

My main peering server (i2pn.org) sends only filtered messages, so yes,
a peer will not be sent messages identified as spam.

The main server for news clients, i2pn2.org, has a bit more
filtering, but all major spam filtering applies to the peering server
also.

If you'd like to peer, just let me know and we can get set up. My
email is retroguy@i2pn2.org. Peering info is here:
https://www.i2pn2.org/?page_id=15

--
Retro Guy

Re: somebody is flooding comp.lang.c with Thai spam

<20231008170520.08bc4e89c2d4704da9ff23ba@gmail.moc>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3369&group=alt.free.newsservers#3369

From: anton....@gmail.moc (Anton Shepelev)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 17:05:20 +0300
 by: Anton Shepelev - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 14:05 UTC

Retro Guy:

> I'm trying to filter by content, not by group or poster
> when possible.

In view of the terrific amount and diversity of SPAM on
Usenet, it is the right approach.

> If you'd like to peer, just let me know and we can get set
> up.

I was asking in behalf of the RBB (www.fidonet.fi) admin, to
verify my proposal for him to peer with your feed. I have
forwarded your reply to him. Thank you very much!

Re: somebody is flooding comp.lang.c with Thai spam

<20231008071635.49104ff39ee8489c6993a50a@novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3370&group=alt.free.newsservers#3370

Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 07:16:35 -0700
From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,rocksolid.nodes
<20231008170520.08bc4e89c2d4704da9ff23ba@gmail.moc>
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 14:16 UTC

On Sun, 8 Oct 2023 17:05:20 +0300
Anton Shepelev <anton.txt@gmail.moc> wrote:

> Retro Guy:
>
> > I'm trying to filter by content, not by group or poster
> > when possible.
>
> In view of the terrific amount and diversity of SPAM on
> Usenet, it is the right approach.
>
> > If you'd like to peer, just let me know and we can get set
> > up.
>
> I was asking in behalf of the RBB (www.fidonet.fi) admin, to
> verify my proposal for him to peer with your feed. I have
> forwarded your reply to him. Thank you very much!

Sounds good. I do already peer with another usenet->fidonet
gateway. Happy to peer with another.

--
Retro Guy