From: wasbitRE...@hotmail.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.software.nntp,news.admin.peering
Subject: Re: Finding the Message-ID from a Dejanews Google Search Archivew result
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 01:30:05 +0200
 by: wasbit - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 23:30 UTC

<bje@ripco.com> wrote in message news:t4jcnu$4ar$1@remote6hme0.ripco.com...

> Why don't you quit playing Secret Squirrel and tell us the name of the
> newsgroup and approximate time frame.

I don't know the name of the newsgroup any more than I know what the secret
squirrel game is. It's a general question for when I find articles on a
google search that I want to respond to.

> Deja is gone, it's not coming back and google sanitized everything where
> finding what you seek is just not going to happen.

It's only recently Google removed the option to show original so it has
nothing to do with dejanews that Google removed it in the last few months.

> Depending on the hierarchy and group, there might be a public or private or
> semi-private server where they archive the posts going back to who knows
> when in an untampered format.

That's how I find the articles that I want to respond to but I'm not a
member of those forums which is why I want to respond using the message id
in the References: line.
--
Regards
wasbit

computers / alt.free.newsservers / Re: Finding the Message-ID from a Dejanews Google Search Archivew result