From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: Paramount + (via Sky Cinema)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 01:42:04 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 00:42 UTC

I took out a Sky Cinema contract at a bargain price of £8 a month
including Paramount + a few weeks ago.

The advertising postcard showed P+ (which I still have here) as
including "Ray Donovan - the Movie".

Needless to day, it is not there.

And the old Clint Eastwood film "Escape From Alcatraz" simply stops
about five to ten minutes from the end!

I can feel a telephone call coming on...

Re: Paramount + (via Sky Cinema)

<tcb2gh$1fhrm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1242&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1242

From: Jef...@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: Re: Paramount + (via Sky Cinema)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 12:41:05 +0100
 by: Jeff Layman - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 11:41 UTC

On 02/08/2022 01:42, JNugent wrote:
> I took out a Sky Cinema contract at a bargain price of £8 a month
> including Paramount + a few weeks ago.
>
> The advertising postcard showed P+ (which I still have here) as
> including "Ray Donovan - the Movie".
>
> Needless to day, it is not there.
>
> And the old Clint Eastwood film "Escape From Alcatraz" simply stops
> about five to ten minutes from the end!

That's an interpretation I hadn't considered for "The Director's cut"! ;-)

--

Jeff

Re: Paramount + (via Sky Cinema) Better News!

<jlcdkqF2ushU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1248&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1248

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: Re: Paramount + (via Sky Cinema) Better News!
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 13:24:57 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 12:24 UTC

On 02/08/2022 12:41 pm, Jeff Layman wrote:

> On 02/08/2022 01:42, JNugent wrote:

>> I took out a Sky Cinema contract at a bargain price of £8 a month
>> including Paramount + a few weeks ago.
>> The advertising postcard showed P+ (which I still have here) as
>> including "Ray Donovan - the Movie".
>> Needless to day, it is not there.

>> And the old Clint Eastwood film "Escape From Alcatraz" simply stops
>> about five to ten minutes from the end!

> That's an interpretation I hadn't considered for "The Director's cut"! ;-)

There were a few other problems, including the fact that the USA drama
series "La Brea" was incomplete, in that Episodes 2 and 10 (of a total
of 10) were missing.

I rang Sky a few days ago and expressed my concerns.

The answer I got from a very hard-working agent was variegated:

(a) "Ray Donovan - The Movie" is only available to Sky Cinema /
Paramount+ customers who have the Sky Q box (I had that but sent it
back, for various reasons and of course, there is no mention of RD being
only available on Sky Q on the flyer, which I still have),

(b) it was not known why "Escape From Alcatraz" has the last ten minutes
missing, and

(c) there was a technical problem at Paramount which had caused the lack
of the two missing episodes of "La Brea"

The agent generously offered to send the installation crew to put in Sky
Q, free of charge. That was a kind offer, but I declined it. Regulars
here can probably guess why.

Last night (Sunday), I checked again and found that "Ray Donovan - The
Movie" is now available to me, as are the missing "La Brea" episodes.

I haven't got the patience to check "Escape From Alcatraz".

Talking of missing endings, though, over the weekend, we watched the
four-movie series based on "Flowers In The Attic".

The first two played out as you would expect.

The third part ("If There Be Thorns") suddenly moved from one scene to
another at 0:09 and after a few more minutes, the credits rolled for the
end of the film (it "ended" at 0:16). After 0:16, the film resumed from
where it had been at 0:09. In other words, the last seven minutes of the
movie had been cut and inserted at 0:09. Once I'd figured that out and
inserted a couple of bookmarks, we were able to watch it and follow the
plot.

How hard is it to digitise a movie in the correct reel order?

Re: Paramount + (via Sky Cinema) Better News!

<ck42fhd2qhnmf9437k00q0qq4iegcck0s0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1249&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1249

From: ste...@easynn.com (Stephen Wolstenholme)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2022 14:44:26 +0100
 by: Stephen Wolstenholme - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 13:44 UTC

On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 13:24:57 +0100, JNugent <jennings&co@fastmail.fm>
wrote:

>How hard is it to digitise a movie in the correct reel order?

I think it may not be an automatic process but depend on real people.

Steve
--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

Re: Paramount + (via Sky Cinema) Better News!

<XnsAEEEF5032630C9A7@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1250&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1250

From: Gor...@freeman.invalid (Gordon Freeman)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 00:30:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gordon Freeman - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 00:30 UTC

Stephen Wolstenholme <steve@easynn.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 13:24:57 +0100, JNugent
<jennings&co@fastmail.fm>
> wrote:
>
>>How hard is it to digitise a movie in the correct reel order?
>>

> I think it may not be an automatic process but depend on real
> people.

ITYM reel people.

Re: Paramount + (via Sky Cinema) - different news

<jnfdprFpu5lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1261&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1261

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: Re: Paramount + (via Sky Cinema) - different news
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 23:18:35 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 22:18 UTC

On 09/08/2022 01:30 am, Gordon Freeman wrote:

> Stephen Wolstenholme <steve@easynn.com> wrote:
>> JNugent <jennings&co@fastmail.fm> wrote:

[in respect of a movie on P+ strung together on the server in the wrong
order]

>>> How hard is it to digitise a movie in the correct reel order?
>
>> I think it may not be an automatic process but depend on real
>> people.

> ITYM reel people.

Hilarity here this evening...

Though I have read Shaw's "Pygmalion" several times, I had never seen
the film "My Fair Lady". So I downloaded it (in SD) on Sky Cinema (the
Paramount plus bonus section) and sat down to watch.

The action moves straight from halfway through Act 1 (in Covent Garden)
to the "Entre'Act" (intermission) and thereafter to the ball scene,
followed about 50 minutes later by the end credits. Then back to the
rest of the Covent Garden scene in Act 1.

I'm *sure* they're only doing it to check that I'm awake.

aus+uk / uk.media.tv.misc / Re: Paramount + (via Sky Cinema) - different news