From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Scrublans features Luke Arnold and Robert Taylor
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 20:57:25 -0400
 by: Rhino - Mon, 6 May 2024 00:57 UTC

Fans of Longmire probably know that Robert Taylor, the actor who played
Walt Longmire, is originally from Australia. If you're like me, you
haven't seen Taylor on American TV since Longmire ended several years
ago.

I decided to look at Scrublands, one of the many miniseries that Robin
mentioned in her Selected Programming posts, and was surprised to see
Robert Taylor. His character seems minor in the first three of the four
episodes but ends up being rather central to the whole story as the
mystery final unravels in the final episode. I won't spoil it any
further.

The focal character is a journalist played by Luke Arnold. The moment I
saw him, I knew I knew him from somewhere but couldn't place him for
love or money. Fortunately, IMDB came to my rescue. Arnold had played
Long John Silver in Black Sails!

So if you're interested in seeing those two actors in rather different
roles, you might enjoy Scrublands. I didn't recognize any of the rest
of the cast, even from other Australian shows that I've seen but I
would not mind seeing Bella Heathcote, the female lead, in other
productions :-)

IMDB gives Scrublands a 7.1 rating.
--
Rhino

Re: SCRUBLANDS features Luke Arnold and Robert Taylor

<20240505231135.00000387@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=224027&group=rec.arts.tv#224027

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: SCRUBLANDS features Luke Arnold and Robert Taylor
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 23:11:35 -0400
 by: Rhino - Mon, 6 May 2024 03:11 UTC

On Sun, 5 May 2024 20:57:25 -0400

Sorry, I misspelled the title of the miniseries in the original post.

--
Rhino

arts / rec.arts.tv / Scrublans features Luke Arnold and Robert Taylor