Subject: test sync
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 19:36 UTC

def4 to def2/3

Posted on def4

Subject: Re: test sync
From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 19:05 UTC
strange, this one works. there is one message from tor that does not sync.
z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 00:07 UTC
anonymous wrote:

strange, this one works. there is one message from tor that does not sync.

I just tried also a post to r.s.tor and it does not appear on def2

I don't know what happens if /etc/rslight/rocksolid/groups.txt and /etc/rslight/spoolnews/groups.txt contain the same groups, but possibly it could be the issue.

Please try changing the contents of /etc/rslight/spoolnews/groups.txt to contain only:
rocksolid.spam

Then, remove all *.txt files in /var/spool/rslight/spoolnews and /var/spool/rslight/rocksolid, then wait for sync. My thinking is that if both groups.txt files contain the same groups, since they are all added to /var/spool/rslight/spoolnews/groups.txt, they are duplicated, and the article numbers can become out of sync. Removing the spool files (*.txt) and fixing the groups.txt should start it over, ignoring messages you already have and adding those you don't.

news.novabbs.com

From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 07:40 UTC
Please try changing the contents of /etc/rslight/spoolnews/groups.txt to contain only: rocksolid.spam

That was already the case, so no change.

Then, remove all *.txt files in /var/spool/rslight/spoolnews and /var/spool/rslight/rocksolid, then wait for sync. My thinking is that if both groups.txt files contain the same groups, since they are all added to /var/spool/rslight/spoolnews/groups.txt, they are duplicated, and the article numbers can become out of sync. Removing the spool files (*.txt) and fixing the groups.txt should start it over, ignoring messages you already have and adding those you don't.

did that now. the counters in local_groups.txt and 192.168.x.x.txt were different, I guess that was part of the reason.

thanks for the support.
z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: Retro Guy@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 08:09 UTC
anonymous wrote:

Please try changing the contents of /etc/rslight/spoolnews/groups.txt to contain only: rocksolid.spam

That was already the case, so no change.

Ok, I must have misunderstood a previous post where I had the impression you had copied /etc/rslight/rocksolid/groups.txt to /etc/rslight/spoolnews/groups.txt

Then, remove all *.txt files in /var/spool/rslight/spoolnews and /var/spool/rslight/rocksolid, then wait for sync. My thinking is that if both groups.txt files contain the same groups, since they are all added to /var/spool/rslight/spoolnews/groups.txt, they are duplicated, and the article numbers can become out of sync. Removing the spool files (*.txt) and fixing the groups.txt should start it over, ignoring messages you already have and adding those you don't.

did that now. the counters in local_groups.txt and 192.168.x.x.txt were different, I guess that was part of the reason.

local_groups.txt is the pointers to the last article in your spool
192.168.x.x.txt are the pointers to the last article retrieved from your upstream server. The files should have different pointer values.

Let's see what happens as it tries to pull the messages again. I haven't had a problem missing messages on any of my test sites or rslight.i2p and retrobbs.i2p. Just for info: You can delete every single thing in /var/spool/rslight (except for the directory itself), and as long as cron.php runs, it will rebuild everything. There is no config in the spool.

Here's to hoping it's all good :)

Posted on: rslight Debian test site
192.168.0.220

From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 13:31 UTC
Ok, I must have misunderstood a previous post where I had the impression you had copied /etc/rslight/rocksolid/groups.txt to /etc/rslight/spoolnews/groups.txt

Think I did that, yes.
Then, remove all *.txt files in /var/spool/rslight/spoolnews and /var/spool/rslight/rocksolid, then wait for sync.

That did the trick.

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion