Subject: the reply after the message
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 18:16 UTC
should change it ?

Subject: Re: the reply after the message
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 19:27 UTC

nope, still broken.
not sure where or when this happens.

Posted on def4

From: retroguy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 23:09 UTC
anon wrote:

nope, still broken.
not sure where or when this happens.

Posted on def4

This is in post.php (vichan):

if (count($refs) > 1) {
    error("NNTPChan: We don't support multiple references");
}

I'm guessing due to the style of listing of posts, it really just wants
(needs) the reference of just the post before it.

From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 11:07 UTC
it is the other way round, all posts in one thread refer to the first one. if it is not present on the receiving new server, like it was the case for this test thread, all posts are individual posts.
so threading for vichan works differently from rslight or bbs, but should be compatible. if the threadstart is on the newsr server, it works (tested that in different thread).
z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion