rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes.help / Re: None

SubjectAuthor
* social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Anonymous
+* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|`- Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
+* done, fixed it.Anonymous
|`- Re: done, fixed it.AnonUser
+* wtf ?Anonymous
|`- Re: wtf ?Retro Guy
+* NoneAnonymous
|+- Re: NoneRetro Guy
|`* Re: Noneanon
| `* Re: Noneanonymous
|  `* Re: Noneanonymous
|   +* Re: Noneanon
|   |+- Re: NoneRetro Guy
|   |`- Re: NoneRetro Guy
|   `* Re: NoneRetro Guy
|    `* Re: Noneanon
|     `- Re: NoneRetro Guy
+- another thoughtAnonymous
+- >I'm seeing all sorts of strange shit from def2.Anonymous
+* ok than, i will switch backAnonymous
|+- Re: ok than, i will switch backanon
|`- Re: ok than, i will switch backRetro Guy
+* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anon
|`* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
| +* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anon
| |`* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
| | `- Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
| `* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|  `* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|   `- Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
+- there are other issuesAnonymous
`* x referencesAnonymous
 `- Re: x referencesRetro Guy

Subject: Re: None
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 23:51 UTC
anonymous wrote:

i think i can write something more simple, communicating directly with the news server, based on this lib here:

https://github.com/kekskurse/phpNNTP

Looks like a nice simple class. And it has 'autentifizierung', yay!

Seems really really simple and i save myself the time to go through all the newsportal includes.

The nice part of keeping them separate now is that vichan will be able to be deployed without rslight (or with it, either way).

FYI: The rslight news server will create and add the following headers if they don't exist in a post sent to it (posted to it):

I found some news clients don't send one or more of them, so the server supports that.

www.novabbs.com

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 11:32 UTC

I also see that the Organization: line and footer from def2 >are working properly now. Seems like odd things to break, but >they're fine in you posts today.

i believe that is because the posts come from rslight now. it was only the posts done from vichan that were different.

If you are talking to the nntp server, I don't believe it >should cause any trouble. I have a newsreader connected to >rslight.i2p news server here and use it all the time without >problems.

ok, good.

How does vichan send attachments now? Or do you mean to >receive and display incoming attachments?

attachments in outgoing messages are b64 encoded and put in the message body when it is composed. rslight reads these messages without problems, including attachments (only the original name is not shown).
attachments in incoming messages are just disregarded for now (silently dropped). i have to write a routine recognizing and decoding them, then handing them to the post routine.

Looks like a nice simple class. And it has 'autentifizierung', yay!

funny thing, this works on the rslight news server, and also your inn2, but not on mine. fudforum can auth to my inn2 without problem, but this one cannot.

The nice part of keeping them separate now is that vichan will be able to be deployed without rslight (or with it, either way).

yes, this will lower the effort to install.

FYI: The rslight news server will create and add the >following headers if they don't exist in a post sent to it >(posted to it):

I found some news clients don't send one or more of them, so >the server supports that.

that's good to know. vichan does not send the organization i believe.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 10:47 UTC
anon wrote:

Looks like a nice simple class. And it has 'autentifizierung', yay!

funny thing, this works on the rslight news server, and also your inn2, but not on mine. fudforum can auth to my inn2 without problem, but this one cannot.

Do you know if its sending a MODE READER command? Your nntp server, being local, may default to MODE STREAm.

news.novabbs.com

Subject: Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 12:26 UTC

what would really help is if you could implement "BODY" in the rslight news server.
the lib i try to use now is using this command to get the message body, which works on your inn2, but not on rslight.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 11:14 UTC
anon wrote:

what would really help is if you could implement "BODY" in the rslight news server.
the lib i try to use now is using this command to get the message body, which works on your inn2, but not on rslight.

I can do that. Give me a day or so, it's easy to implement. I already separate the header from the body, so sending it is no big deal.

news.novabbs.com

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 14:19 UTC

Do you know if its sending a MODE READER command? Your nntp server, being local, may default to MODE STREAm.

no it does not, and i guess that's the problem (just verified with telnet).
thanks,

From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 17:09 UTC
ok, that AND waiting for the server to respond AND supplying the right username/password finally allowed to use my own server. :-)

thanks,

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: anonymous@example.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 08:56 UTC
anonymous wrote:

ok, that AND waiting for the server to respond AND supplying the right username/password finally allowed to use my own server. :-)

Lol, you should ask the admin of that server for an account :)

--
Posted on: rslight Debian test site
192.168.0.220

From: Retro Guy@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 08:58 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

anon wrote:

what would really help is if you could implement "BODY" in the rslight news server.
the lib i try to use now is using this command to get the message body, which works on your inn2, but not on rslight.

I can do that. Give me a day or so, it's easy to implement. I already separate the header from the body, so sending it is no big deal.

BODY command is now implemented in the nntp server. It was simple and seems to be working fine.

I'll upload it in a bit and let you know it's there for download. You can also check it if you wish on the test server I sent a link to yesterday.

From: Retro Guy@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 09:08 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

anon wrote:

what would really help is if you could implement "BODY" in the rslight news server.
the lib i try to use now is using this command to get the message body, which works on your inn2, but not on rslight.

I can do that. Give me a day or so, it's easy to implement. I already separate the header from the body, so sending it is no big deal.

BODY command is now implemented in the nntp server. It was simple and seems to be working fine.

I'll upload it in a bit and let you know it's there for download. You can also check it if you wish on the test server I sent a link to yesterday.

It's uploaded and available on the download site now.

Of course, you'll need to kill the nntp server and let it restart after putting nntp.php in place.

Yes, I keep posting from a test site as this site contains the newest nntp.php and spoolnews.php and I want to put it to some work to see how they're doing.