Subject: rocksolid groups
From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-gwr-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 10:37 UTC
  To: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
I want to toss this out, as I plan to send a new control message for rocksolid.* hierarchy soon and would like to make sure it's up to date.

I'm thinking about two changes, and would like any comments, and of course I'll need to know if trw agrees or not before doing so.

Remove: rocksolid.ru.talk (no activity)
Add: rocksolid.shared.programming (would this be a useful addition?)

Any other suggested changes?

Please let me know any thoughts you may have on this.

Subject: Re: rocksolid groups
From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 18:50 UTC
Add: rocksolid.shared.programming (would this be a useful addition?)

+1

this could eventually have a lot of subgroups, too (like: python/php/bash/c/c++ and so on).
Posted on def3

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 03:02 UTC
On Thu, 03 Oct 2019 14:50:06 -0400
trw <trw@i2pmail.org> wrote:

Add: rocksolid.shared.programming (would this be a useful addition?)

+1

this could eventually have a lot of subgroups, too (like:
python/php/bash/c/c++ and so on). Posted on def3

I've added rocksolid.programming to rocksolid2 (news.novabbs.com), but
have not added anywhere else yet.

I'll wait a few days and if we decide on any other changes, I can get
that into a new checkgroups control message and put it out there.

BTW, looking to get away from the rocksolid.shared.* to just
rocksolid.* No reason to change the existing groups (we'd lose
messages), I just don't want to keep creating under shared.

If you think of any more changes, let me know here, and I'll create the
new checkgroups probably Thursday or Saturday.

Retro Guy

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 09:40 UTC
I just don't want to keep creating under shared.
hm, too me this made sense, but if you want to drop it, i guess it is not so important.
do you want to work without any subcategories at all in the future, or is it just shared that is disturbing you (i am thinking about rocksolid/userspace/* or something like that, to host user generated forums) ?

i will pick up programming soon on def3 and def4, and on def2 after i did a new installation (sounded to me like you made a stable release).

as a new candidate, i could imagine:

rocksolid/social (for everything from linking your social accounts, email, to looking for dates or other contacts)

the darknets are obviously not the best place to look for real life contacts, but who knows. maybe some sex workers want to advertise somewhere...

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 08:22 UTC
trw wrote:

I just don't want to keep creating under shared.
hm, too me this made sense, but if you want to drop it, i guess it is not so
important.
do you want to work without any subcategories at all in the future, or is it
just shared that is disturbing you (i am thinking about rocksolid/userspace/* or something like that, to host user generated forums) ?

Subcategories are great, and I can see us using them for several things. I just thought about dropping shared (not adding to it, but keeping what's there). Since they're all usenet groups, they're generally 'shared' by default anyway.

i will pick up programming soon on def3 and def4, and on def2 after i did a
new installation (sounded to me like you made a stable release).

Sounds good, I should have a checkgroups message out in a few days that includes it. Should we drop rocksolid.ru.talk, or just leave it there? It doesn't hurt to have it, just nobody is using it currently.

as a new candidate, i could imagine:

rocksolid/social (for everything from linking your social accounts, email,
to looking for dates or other contacts)

Sounds fine to me. Should I add it to the hierarchy?

the darknets are obviously not the best place to look for real life
contacts, but who knows. maybe some sex workers want to advertise somewhere...

Lol, I met up with a girl from irc in the past. Was quite fun.

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 16:50 UTC
yeah, okay, i get it. "shared" in an infrastructure that was build to share is a bit redundant.

Posted on def3

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:43 UTC