rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes / Re: nice work on the overboard for rslight

SubjectAuthor
* nice work on the overboard for rslightanonymous
+* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
|`- Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
`* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
 `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  +* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightanonymous
  |+* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  ||`- Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightanonymous
  |`* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  | `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightAnonUser
  |  `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |   `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslighttrw
  |    `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |     `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |      `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslighttrw
  |       `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |        `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |         `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |          `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |           `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |            `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslighttrw
  |             `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |              +- Re: nice work on the overboard for rslighttrw
  |              `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslighttrw
  |               `- Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightMei

Subject: nice work on the overboard for rslight
From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 21:37 UTC
I like it. Can you put in reverse sorting, too (so newest message on top) ?
And is that already part of the sources you have linked on the frontpage ?

Subject: Re: nice work on the overboard for rslight
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 23:11 UTC
On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 21:37:24 -0000 (UTC)
anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:

I like it. Can you put in reverse sorting, too (so newest message on
top) ? And is that already part of the sources you have linked on the
frontpage ?

Thanks!

I am working on reversing the order, but there have been a few bugs
holding that up. I'll keep at it.

No, the overboard is not in the 0.6.2 source (linked on the site). It's
not ready yet, there are some underlying functions that are kind of a
hack right now and I want to clean that up. But wanted to go live for
testing.

Also, search probably won't ever be in the sources, it's not really a
part of rslight, it just displays in it (it reads the news spool), but
overboard is planned to be released soon.

Retro Guy

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 02:00 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 21:37:24 -0000 (UTC)
anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:

I like it. Can you put in reverse sorting, too (so newest message on
top) ? And is that already part of the sources you have linked on the
frontpage ?

Thanks!

I am working on reversing the order, but there have been a few bugs
holding that up. I'll keep at it.

Ok, I think I have the sorting correct now, newest on top.

It was just being sorted by message number previously.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 02:54 UTC
anonymous wrote:

I like it. Can you put in reverse sorting, too (so newest message on top) ?
And is that already part of the sources you have linked on the frontpage ?

I just sent you a copy of the source for the overboard. It currently relies on the news spool, but I'm pretty sure you're running inn on the def2 machine, so if you want to run it, go ahead :)

It will be changed, upgraded and improved over time, but it works now. I do plan to remove dependence on inn.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 04:03 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

I just sent you a copy of the source for the overboard. It currently relies on the news spool, but I'm pretty sure you're running inn on the def2 machine, so if you want to run it, go ahead :)

It will be changed, upgraded and improved over time, but it works now. I do plan to remove dependence on inn.

Since I still have time today to keep working on it, I've made a couple of changes. I've removed the quoted part of the article when producing the snippet to display, which I think looks much better, and doesn't just show a bunch of messages with the same quoted text.

I have sent you another copy of overboard.php with these changes.

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 09:57 UTC
very cool, i integrated that in def2.
Posted on def2

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 10:36 UTC
On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 09:57:23 -0000 (UTC)
anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:

very cool, i integrated that in def2.
Posted on def2

Nice, I'm glad you like it.

I just tried to post this on def2 but it didn't succeed. I notice that
the overboard renders differently on def2 from rslight.i2p. The header
is missing, and snippets don't begin in the right place.

Also, it looks like your header (image and phrase 'rocksolid forums for
the darknets') are misaligned (not side by side).

Could a '>' have been messed up in header.php? This could affect the
rest of the site if so.

My main concern is that maybe it's the php version, but I'm not using
anything fancy in overboard.php, so I wouldn't think that should be a
problem. But it's php, so who knows, lol.

I'll install on the test vm in a few days and check it out there.
Hopefully it's something simple.

Retro Guy

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:32 UTC
I just tried to post this on def2 but it didn't succeed.

was there an error message or something ? def2 is the node that always works for me...

I notice that the overboard renders differently on def2 from rslight.i2p.
The > header is missing, and snippets don't begin in the right place.

I took out the header for design reasons. About the snippets I don't know.

Also, it looks like your header (image and phrase 'rocksolid forums for
the darknets') are misaligned (not side by side).
Could a '>' have been messed up in header.php? This could affect the
rest of the site if so.

It is not the original code that is running on def2, i hacked around quite a lot in it, and maybe broke some in the process.
Rather than fixing it, I aim for a new installation from your sources.

From: Mei@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 21:35 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

I just sent you a copy of the source for the overboard. It currently relies on the news spool, but I'm pretty sure you're running inn on the def2 machine, so if you want to run it, go ahead :)

It will be changed, upgraded and improved over time, but it works now. I do plan to remove dependence on inn.

Since I still have time today to keep working on it, I've made a couple of changes.

I've removed the quoted part of the article when producing the snippet to display, which I think looks much better, and doesn't just show a bunch of messages with the same quoted text.

I have sent you another copy of overboard.php with these changes.

Retro Guy

Don't go overboard with the hackery and pushing it at trw! It may be too much forum :P

Also happy Day of the Programmer :) Let's have a party and some programmer snacks! A bit of fun and a byte to eat, today's the day for quite a treat! I'll let you PHP people bake the cookies :P

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 10:20 UTC
Mei wrote:

Also happy Day of the Programmer :) Let's have a party and some programmer snacks! A bit of fun and a byte to eat, today's the day for quite a treat! I'll let you PHP people bake the cookies :P

I never heard of Day of the Programmer, but sure enough, it's real!