rocksolid / rocksolid.shared.general / Re: RIP Bitmessage.ch

SubjectAuthor
* RIP Bitmessage.chGuest
`- Re: RIP Bitmessage.chRetro Guy

Subject: RIP Bitmessage.ch
From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 19:32 UTC
Darn it sucks to be old!
Anybody remembers ATDT 9, ?...? WT ?...? WT ?...?  That was the precursor of Tor or i2p.  After you hacked a PBX you
dialed 9 for an outside line waited 2 seconds and started to log into other chain of PBXs (WT=wait tone)  The BBS had
creditcard numbers, bank logins, decripted radio cables etc...
Posted on: def3.i2p

Subject: Re: RIP Bitmessage.ch
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 08:47 UTC
Guest wrote:

Darn it sucks to be old!
Anybody remembers ATDT 9, ?...? WT ?...? WT ?...?  That was the precursor of
Tor or i2p.  After you hacked a PBX you

I remember messing with modems in great detail. Of course most of that was to get connected, but I also found learning and messing with the commands a lot of fun. I never did mess with the phone though.

dialed 9 for an outside line waited 2 seconds and started to log into other
chain of PBXs (WT=wait tone)  The BBS had
creditcard numbers, bank logins, decripted radio cables etc...
Posted on: def3.i2p

Very true, bbss were a haven of stuff you now find on darknets, but from a bbs user's point of view, the stuff was just plainly available.

rocksolid light 0.6.5f
clearnet i2p tor