rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes.announce / Re: What are you doing at home recently?

SubjectAuthor
* What are you doing at home recently?AnonUser
`* Re: What are you doing at home recently?AnonUser
 +* Re: What are you doing at home recently?Guest

Subject: What are you doing at home recently?
From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-gdw-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 02:41 UTC
  To: rocksolid.nodes.announce
I really want to go to KFC McDonald's Burger King, but I'm afraid to die
--
Posted on: RetroBBS
retrobbs.i2p

Subject: Re: What are you doing at home recently?
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 07:42 UTC
AnonUser wrote:

  To: rocksolid.nodes.announce
I really want to go to KFC McDonald's Burger King, but I'm afraid to die

I'm going to work every day and interacting with maybe 100 people face to face every day and I'm not dead yet. Maybe the risk is a bit exaggerated?

rslight.i2p

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 01:12 UTC
Porn, games, stream and the occasional walk. Posted on def3

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 01:39 UTC
But you have to be careful.
novabbs.i2p

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 09:05 UTC
Guest wrote:

Porn, games, stream and the occasional walk. Posted on def3

LOL I read that as wank

rslight.i2p

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 14:16 UTC
I check out different areas that I know well and can filter most of the propaganda and try to make create oscillation models to see how much time do I have.  I doubt that I can make it past a third wave.  The second wave is going to be tough because most of the equipment and professionals would be unavailable by then.  From my research money will be of not much use at the tail end of the first wave and beginning of the second but... who knows. Posted on def3

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 17:03 UTC

.  I doubt that I can make it past a third wave.

That sounds unreasonably pessimistic to me. Only a part of the population will be infected, only part of those even show any symptoms, only a small part of those need intensive care, and only a small part of those actually die. So it is a bit like a multistage lottery, of course with influencing factors.

Posted on def4

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 22:20 UTC
anon wrote:

.  I doubt that I can make it past a third wave.

That sounds unreasonably pessimistic to me. Only a part of the population will be infected, only part of those even show any symptoms, only a small part of those need intensive care, and only a small part of those actually die. So it is a bit like a multistage lottery, of course with influencing factors.

I believe that many of us have already dealt with corona virus before we knew it was a thing. I know that ppl I work with, and myself went through many of the symptoms in Dec/Jan but were just "sick". I personlly felt like complete shit and really thought I might die from lack of oxygen (it was hard to breath, like my chest was banded or something, and a bit scary. My heart rate went crazy several times and I thought maybe this is it, I'm done, but here I am)

Others I work with had similar symptoms, but they are much younger than I am so maybe in better health (I'm actually in pretty good health), so pushed through it more quickly.

Some places test the city sewers for the virus and I read a couple of days ago that one state (New Jersey maybe?) had much higher levels in the sewers than anticipated. I've had influenza several times in my life, and each time I thought (and kinda hoped) I would die because it sucked so bad. This was a bit different, the heart thing was frightening, but also similar in many ways. Many people die every year from influenza, which is sad but a fact. My persoal belief is that this is a really shitty 'flu', and we need to just get it over with. Yes, people will die, but people die anyway from flu. The whole (over)regulation of the population is much more dire of a concern than the virus.

news.novabbs.com

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 23:43 UTC
Edward Snowden
@Snowden
Governments around the world are exploiting the pandemic to monitor us like never before. I discuss it with @GGreenwald
 here on SYSTEM UPDATE:
System Update With Glenn Greenwald - Edward Snowden, Andray Domise...
In the second episode of The Intercept's new weekly show, host Glenn Greenwald explores the under-discussed consequences of the coronavirus pandemic. Glenn i...
youtube.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd7exbDzU1c
rslight.i2p

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 23:48 UTC
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-04/11/c_138965742.htm

 Apple and Google partner on COVID-19 contact tracing technology
Source: Xinhua| 2020-04-11 06:57:24|Editor: huaxia

A customer tries an iPhone 11 Pro Max at an Apple Store in New York, the United States, Sept. 21, 2019. (Xinhua/Li Muzi)

Apple and Google will launch a comprehensive solution that includes application programming interfaces (APIs) and operating system-level technology to help with contact tracing.

SAN FRANCISCO, April 10 (Xinhua) -- Apple and Google on Friday announced a joint effort to enable the use of Bluetooth technology to help governments and health agencies reduce COVID-19 spread.

Apple and Google said in a joint statement that they will launch a comprehensive solution that includes application programming interfaces (APIs) and operating system-level technology to assist in enabling contact tracing, as public health officials have identified contact tracing as a valuable tool to help contain its spread.

According to the statement, the solution is to be implemented in two steps. Both companies will release APIs that enable interoperability between Android and iOS devices using apps from public health authorities in May.

In the coming months, they will work to enable a broader Bluetooth-based contact tracing platform by building this functionality into the underlying platforms that would allow more individuals to participate, as well as enable interaction with a broader ecosystem of apps and government health authorities, the statement said.

Both companies hope to harness the power of technology to help countries around the world slow the spread of COVID-19 and accelerate the return of everyday life through close cooperation and collaboration with developers, governments and public health providers, confirming that "privacy, transparency, and consent are of utmost importance" to the design. --
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p