Subject: quick test
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 04:08 UTC
or slow test

news.novabbs.com

Subject: Re: quick test
From: retroguy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 06:19 UTC
AnonUser wrote:

or slow test

Testing posting via rslight nntp server running on rslight.i2p using a
newsreader.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 10:36 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

AnonUser wrote:

or slow test

Testing posting via rslight nntp server running on rslight.i2p using a newsreader.

Seems to work. Trying to break it, and I have several times lol.

Posting and reading through chained sites so far is working well.
news.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 13:08 UTC
There's no end to testing.

Need to make a change to tracking article numbers instead of using a lazy fix.

news.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 09:16 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

There's no end to testing.

Need to make a change to tracking article numbers instead of using a lazy fix.

Change has been made.
--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light test site
192.168.0.220

From: Retro Guy@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 09:40 UTC
So, the current testing path is my test site:
http://nyccgjh5cjapsf7frrhxqw73gb5hxj2ucau72ztn2oenxwetxr5q.b32.i2p

which is connected only to rslight.i2p rslight install (not inn server). This seems to be working.

All six sections on rslight.i2p (news.novabbs.com) are all running using the internal rslight nntp server. On the test server, I'm putting some effort into breaking it, which I have a few times, to find bugs. I'm using logging to help track things, and will clean up the log file wording a bit and leave it in with the next release. This does not log connections or users, just some errors so I can find where things go wrong.

From: Retro Guy@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 10:36 UTC
Testing with internal nntp server disabled.

Making sure the config toggle handles everything properly.

From: retroguy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 10:42 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Testing with internal nntp server disabled.

Making sure the config toggle handles everything properly.

That seems fine.

I also unintentionally used an rslight nntp server as the upstream
server, but works fine just the same from a remote rslight install.

More testing, just want to make sure that if an admin doesn't want to
use the nntp server, and does not enable it, that rslight works properly.
So far seems fine.

I've spent much more time trying to get local article numbering working than
I did on the nntp server. The server was much easier than I anticipated.

Article numbering seems ok now. It's important so that if you run a site,
and ppl share links to posts and then you change your upstream server, the
links will still go to the proper messages. So now you can move your rslight
site, change upstream server and article numbers and links won't change.

This, of course, is only if using the internal nntp server. If you don't use
it, you use the article numbers from the upstream server.