Subject: almost done
From: pos...@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 22:00 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 15:00:41 -0700
open:
-code simplification and cleanup

closed:
-fix proper handling of attachments from imported messages
-fix date for message import
-fix catalog link in the footer, catalog is off: i thought i had to change the templates, but it is just a switch in the config
-fix threading: fixed some issues in the import script
-mime encode subject if needed: thx to Retro Guys line

Retru, do you want to test this as well ? Do you want to roll out vichan, or wait a little longer (until all the bugs are hope fully squashed) ?

Subject: Re: almost done
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 07:44 UTC
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 07:44 UTC
View all headers
trw wrote:

open:
-code simplification and cleanup

closed:
-fix proper handling of attachments from imported messages
-fix date for message import
-fix catalog link in the footer, catalog is off: i thought i had to change the templates, but it is just a switch in the config
-fix threading: fixed some issues in the import script
-mime encode subject if needed: thx to Retro Guys line

It's really looking good! I haven't checked out imported messages with attachments yet, but it sounds like you have it working :)

Retru, do you want to test this as well ? Do you want to roll out vichan, or wait a little longer (until all the bugs are hope fully squashed) ?

I would like to check it out, and eventually set one up as a node. I'm interested in seeing the nntp code (send/receive) and maybe also find some nice ideas for future stuff.

If it can be placed in a tarball or something, I'll try it out. I think it requires mysql, if I'm not mistaken.

www.novabbs.com