rocksolid / rocksolid.programming / Re: status update

SubjectAuthor
* vichan to do listAnonymous
+- threadsAnonymous
+* subjectAnonymous
|`* Re: subjectRetro Guy
| `* Re: subjectRetro Guy
|  `* Re: subjectRetro Guy
|   `- Re: subjectanon
+* status updateAnonymous
|`* Re: status updateRetro Guy
| `* Re: status updateRetro Guy
|  +- Re: status updateRetro Guy
|  `* Re: status updateanon
|   +* Re: status updateanon
|   |`* Re: status updateRetro Guy
|   | `* Re: status updateanon
|   |  `* Re: status updateanon
|   |   `* Re: status updateRetro Guy
|   |    +- Re: status updateRetro Guy
|   |    `* Re: status updateanon
|   |     `* Re: status updateRetro Guy
|   |      `- Re: status updateRetro Guy
|   `- Re: status updateRetro Guy
+* Re: vichan to do listanon
|+- Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|`* Re: vichan to do listanon
| `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|  `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|   `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|    `* Re: vichan to do listanonymous
|     `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|      `* Re: vichan to do listanon
|       `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|        `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|         `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|          `* Re: vichan to do listanon
|           +- Re: vichan to do listanon
|           `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|            `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|             `* Re: vichan to do listanonymous
|              `* Re: vichan to do listanonymous
|               +- Re: vichan to do listanonymous
|               `- Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
+* Re: vichan to do listanon
|`* Re: vichan to do listanon
| `- Re: vichan to do listMarc SCHAEFER
+* Re: vichan to do listanon
|`- Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
+* i just uploaded my code hereAnonymous
|`- Re: i just uploaded my code hereRetro Guy
+- so far seems to workAnonymous
+- alright, multi server updateAnonymous
+* posting to new serverAnonymous
|`- Re: posting to new serverRetro Guy
+- errorAnonymous
+* posting articlesAnonymous
|`- Re: posting articlesRetro Guy
+* alright, i have it goingAnonymous
|`* Re: alright, i have it goingRetro Guy
| `- Re: alright, i have it goingRetro Guy
+* overchanAnonymous
|`- Re: overchanRetro Guy
+- send to rslightAnonymous
+- btw, what about your vichan ?Anonymous
+* jsonAnonymous
|`- Re: jsonMarc SCHAEFER
+- jsonAnonymous
+- date problemsAnonymous
+- ok, fixed the dateAnonymous
+* almost donetrw
|`- Re: almost doneRetro Guy
+- almost doneAnonymous
`* latest codeAnonymous
 `* Re: latest codeRetro Guy
  `* Re: latest codeRetro Guy
   `* Re: latest codeanon
    `* Re: latest codeRetro Guy
     `* Re: latest codeanon
      `* Re: latest codeanon
       `* Re: latest codeanon
        `- Re: latest codeanon

Subject: Re: status update
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 09:27 UTC
I've applied to my test nntp server. You should be able to test here:

cm6lpdymfvvndq3wxpu676m7wd2cjimhy7axdlebdejbv7uk3hcq.b32.i2p

200 Rocksolid Light NNTP Server ready (no posting)
group rocksolid.shared.test
211 170 1 170 rocksolid.shared.test
vichan 90
O:11:"messageType":2:{s:6:"header";O:10:"headerType":26:{s:6:"number";N;s:2:"id";s:24:"<ts.338.39ms37@anon.com>";s:4:"from";s:15:"poster@anon.com";s:4:"name";s:9:"Anonymous";s:7:"subject";s:3:"yes";s:10:"newsgroups";s:21:"rocksolid.shared.test";s:8:"followup";N;s:4:"date";i:1590584048;s:11:"date_thread";N;s:12:"organization";s:16:"i2pn2 (i2pn.org)";s:10:"xnoarchive";N;s:10:"references";a:1:{i:0;s:59:"<635faa159efe9999f6f2b469d70207e6$1@z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion>";}s:13:"bestreference";N;s:25:"content_transfer_encoding";s:4:"8bit";s:12:"mime_version";N;s:12:"content_type";a:1:{i:0;s:10:"text/plain";}s:20:"content_type_charset";a:1:{i:0;s:5:"utf-8";}s:17:"content_type_name";a:1:{i:0;s:7:"unnamed";}s:21:"content_type_boundary";N;s:19:"content_type_format";a:1:{i:0;s:5:"fixed";}s:7:"answers";N;s:8:"isAnswer";b:0;s:8:"username";s:6:"poster";s:10:"user_agent";N;s:7:"isReply";N;s:10:"threadsize";N;}s:4:"body";a:1:{i:0;s:18:"all still working
";}}
quit
205 closing connection - goodbye!

You will need to take that output and run it through 'unserialize($data);'

Right now I don't check to see if the article exists, just testing if this will be useful or helpful for you. If it is, I'll clean up the command and add error checking, etc.

www.novabbs.com

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 11:15 UTC

I've written a script that will pull an article, and convert it to the output I think you need for vichan. I can add this to the nntp server, so you can send a command like:

this is more or less what i began to write as well :-). i believe though it is best to not change the severs answers as such, but to make any necessary conversion for vichan on the clients side after the message has been obtained using the regular commands. this way you could use any news server to pull messages from, not just one that is adapted for the purpose.

Posted on def4

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 11:19 UTC

to make any necessary conversion for vichan on the clients side

and this is all the more true because for vichan to build threads all answers need to have the op as the first reference, which is not respected by def3 and def4 when composing the messages. so some internal logic needs to implemented anyway on the clients side for this to work.

Posted on def4

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 10:03 UTC
anon wrote:

I've written a script that will pull an article, and convert it to the output I think you need for vichan. I can add this to the nntp server, so you can send a command like:

this is more or less what i began to write as well :-). i believe though it is best to not change the severs answers as such, but to make any necessary conversion for vichan on the clients side after the message has been obtained using the regular commands. this way you could use any news server to pull messages from, not just one that is adapted for the purpose.

Sounds good. I can send you the script if you want it. I'm not currently at a computer where I have access to it but I can send it tomorrow. Just let me know.

Also, I do plan to add features to the rslight nntp server that handles things like file and private message transfer (for admins), and auto-update stuff (if authenticated by pgp), so a vichan command is no problem. But the idea that vichan can use any nntp server is a good idea :)

news.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 10:05 UTC
anon wrote:

to make any necessary conversion for vichan on the clients side

and this is all the more true because for vichan to build threads all answers need to have the op as the first reference, which is not respected by def3 and def4 when composing the messages. so some internal logic needs to implemented anyway on the clients side for this to work.

I believe rslight lists the first reference (that it's aware of) in the References: header. I didn't write that code, but I think it works that way.

news.novabbs.com

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 11:41 UTC

I believe rslight lists the first reference (that it's aware of) in the References: header. I didn't write that code, but I think it works that way.

yes, rslight does this, but not fudforum and bbs. so all messages need to checked and modified (if necessary), before they can be posted to vichan.
of course you could also change this on fudforum and bbs, but it is more work, and you would have to redo this each time you adopt a new software. better to do this on the side of the software that needs it, i think.

Posted on def4

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 01:43 UTC

open:

-fix date for message import
-fix proper handling of attachments from imported messages

the 2nd one turns out to be harder than it looked. only to parse out the textparts from a multipart message still fails too often, partly due to the many different ways clients use to compose the message body i guess. damn. that sure was easy with message_read from newsportal...
found some libs on github for email parsing (which should be basically the same thing), but they are either not functional or with a lot of deps again. damn... guess i will have to implement this by myself, before i can even think about detecting and decoding attachments.

any thoughts ?

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 05:53 UTC
anon wrote:

open:

-fix date for message import
-fix proper handling of attachments from imported messages

the 2nd one turns out to be harder than it looked. only to parse out the textparts from a multipart message still fails too often, partly due to the many different ways clients use to compose the message body i guess. damn. that sure was easy with message_read from newsportal...
found some libs on github for email parsing (which should be basically the same thing), but they are either not functional or with a lot of deps again. damn... guess i will have to implement this by myself, before i can even think about detecting and decoding attachments.

any thoughts ?

I'll send you my script when I get home later. It's basically message_read separate from newsportal --
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
news.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 08:12 UTC
Attachments: vichan.php.txt (text/plain)
Retro Guy wrote:

anon wrote:

open:

-fix date for message import
-fix proper handling of attachments from imported messages

the 2nd one turns out to be harder than it looked. only to parse out the textparts from a multipart message still fails too often, partly due to the many different ways clients use to compose the message body i guess. damn. that sure was easy with message_read from newsportal...
found some libs on github for email parsing (which should be basically the same thing), but they are either not functional or with a lot of deps again. damn...
guess i will have to implement this by myself, before i can even think about detecting and decoding attachments.

any thoughts ?

I'll send you my script when I get home later.
It's basically message_read separate from newsportal

It's attached here. It's all the code necessary from rslight to produce the output, but it is not linked to the site, so it can be run independently.

If you want to use it, it needs a little cleaning up as the spool location is hard coded, and probably a couple of other things.

Retro Guy

Attachments: vichan.php.txt (text/plain)
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 10:17 UTC

It's basically message_read separate from newsportal

you mean i could just include this without all the rest of newsportal (like a standalone function or class) ? that would be wonderful.