rocksolid / rocksolid.shared.security / Re: wtf ? burning man is using facial recognition ?

SubjectAuthor
* wtf ? burning man is using facial recognition ?Guest
`- Re: wtf ? burning man is using facial recognition ?AnonUser

Subject: wtf ? burning man is using facial recognition ?
From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 21:01 UTC
according to this site here: https://www.banfacialrecognition.com/festivals/
can somebody confirm ? i have never been, but i always figured that this crowd would be more on the privacy side of things....
Posted on def3

Subject: Re: wtf ? burning man is using facial recognition ?
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 22:33 UTC
Guest wrote:

according to this site here: https://www.banfacialrecognition.com/festivals/
can somebody confirm ? i have never been, but i always figured that this
crowd would be more on the privacy side of things....

I've never been either but have considered it. I wouldn't be surprised if they are. I remember watching a documentary on burning man and it covered the business aspects of it. Permits, safety and all sorts of necessary business matters. The organizers do put a lot of time and effort into making it safe and trying to avoid some horrible thing happening. --