Subject: Re: Bug
From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 17:05 UTC

It looks like I messed up an inn config file on my end

It seems that it is very easy to do this (inn is complex and sensitive).

Also, def2.i2p has been sending "503 - Service Not Available" for a bit.

yes, the server was acting strange and i decided to wait for your patches to see if the behavior would change.

If you would like the attached files sent another way, just let me know!

If you upload either to def3, or to dropbox.i2p (http://k6nfsszobpyoniyk.onion/), I would appreciate, since I cannot open the archive you sent now.

From: Retro Guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 22:07 UTC
trw wrote:

If you would like the attached files sent another way, just let me know!

If you upload either to def3, or to dropbox.i2p
(http://k6nfsszobpyoniyk.onion/), I would appreciate, since I cannot open the archive you sent now.

Here you go. It's a direct download from rslight:
http://dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion/files/rslight-update-20_05_19.tgz

tar zxvf rslight-update-20_05_19.tgz will extract four files, two into the main directory, two into /lib

Please let me know if it doesn't work properly :)

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 02:35 UTC
On Tue, 21 May 2019 22:07:28 -0000 (UTC)
Retro Guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy) wrote:

trw wrote:

If you would like the attached files sent another way, just let me
know!

If you upload either to def3, or to dropbox.i2p
(http://k6nfsszobpyoniyk.onion/), I would appreciate, since I cannot
open the archive you sent now.

Here you go. It's a direct download from rslight:
http://dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion/files/rslight-update-20_05_19.tgz

tar zxvf rslight-update-20_05_19.tgz will extract four files, two
into the main directory, two into /lib

Please let me know if it doesn't work properly :)

Retro Guy

Note: You'll need to clear the /spool/* directory after update or you
won't see changes on existing posts.

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 01:23 UTC

trw wrote:

If you would like the attached files sent another way, just let me
know!

If you upload either to def3, or to dropbox.i2p
(http://k6nfsszobpyoniyk.onion/), I would appreciate, since I cannot
open the archive you sent now.

Here you go. It's a direct download from rslight:
http://dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion/files/rslight-update-20_05_19.tgz

tar zxvf rslight-update-20_05_19.tgz will extract four files, two
into the main directory, two into /lib

Please let me know if it doesn't work properly :)

Retro Guy

Note: You'll need to clear the /spool/* directory after update or you
won't see changes on existing posts.

Also, if you don't have php mbstring installed, it won't work. Current
debian is php7.0-mbstring

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 16:00 UTC
good thing that you added this last info...now def2 is online again, everything working nicely, including cyrillic characters display (now we just need some russian speaking users).

nice work,

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 22:42 UTC

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 22:47 UTC
On Wed, 29 May 2019 16:00:45 -0000 (UTC)
anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:

good thing that you added this last info...now def2 is online again,
everything working nicely, including cyrillic characters display (now
we just need some russian speaking users).

Glad it's working :) It also cleans up characters such as quotes etc.

I'm getting close to finished on a simple installer for rslight, which
makes it easy to get it running and also to add other sorted group
selections (like on rslight). I'll release that once it's complete.

Should we do the same with bbs? Just a zip (or tgz or whatever) for bbs
and/or rslight. Download it, extract it, run the install and it's done.

I'll spend more time on this later in the week.