rocksolid / rocksolid.shared.tor / Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?

SubjectAuthor
* Watch Youtube vids over tor ?mmagnus
+* Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?AnonUser
|`- Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?Guest
+* Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?4HdH7i2a
|`* Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?mmmagnus
| `* Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?923209302
|  `* Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?Neodome Admin
|   `- Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?238239048230
+* Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?234284
|`* Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?324928402984
| +* Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?Bi0Koyv0
| |`* Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?392492492
| | `- Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?AnonUser
| `- Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?nano@chan.net
+- Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?Anonymous
+- Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?hell-p
`- Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?anon

Subject: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?
From: mmagnus@anon.com (mmagnus)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 20:18 UTC

Is it even doable ? I cannot get to work it with the browser bundle. Somebody has a better idea ?

Thanks,

mmagnus

Posted on def4

Subject: Re: Watch Youtube vids over tor ?
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 20:48 UTC
mmagnus wrote:

Is it even doable ? I cannot get to work it with the browser bundle.
Somebody has a better idea ?

I've watched youtube videos using tor browser bundle. Do u get an error or message? That might help work it out.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light.

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 01:40 UTC
It does work! Any browser with proxy 127.0.0.1:9051 or 9050 (torsocks) should do it.
Posted on: def3.i2p

From: 7RuE76CBSl1m@2xltvbikmy6oaye.vtk3 (4HdH7i2a)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 14:00 UTC
On 2019-05-26 20:18, you wrote:

Is it even doable ? I cannot get to work it with the browser bundle.
Somebody has a better idea ?

youtube-dl

From: mmmagnus@anon.com (mmmagnus)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 16:41 UTC

I've watched youtube videos using tor browser bundle. Do u get an error or message? That might help work it out.

No, the whole site fails to load, even with js enabled. Guess I have to lower the security slider to medium or low. What do you use ?

Posted on def4

From: 923209302@anon.com (923209302)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 19:36 UTC

ok, with security level "standard" (the lowest one), youtube finally works. don't even want to know how google will use all the features i have turned on now...

youtube-dl is as broken as i remember it. last time i got it to work was maybe 5 years ago...guess google don't like it so much...
i always get the same error message, which is "token parameter not in video info"

Posted on def4

From: admin@neodome.net (Neodome Admin)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 17:17 UTC
923209302 <923209302@anon.com> wrote:

youtube-dl is as broken as i remember it. last time i got it to work was
maybe 5 years ago...

Are you trying last version of it? Worked for me few months ago.

--
Neodome

From: 238239048230@anon.com (238239048230)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 21:18 UTC

Are you trying last version of it? Worked for me few months ago.

that is embarrassing, i was installing the deb package, and it turns out it is from 2017. debian, sometimes you really break my balls....

thanks for the hint, neodome.

Posted on def4

From: 234284@anon.com (234284)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 21:11 UTC

that's rich, it even continues to play the video if you set the security slider from min to max during the display, just the next one fails....

Posted on def4

From: 324928402984@anon.com (324928402984)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 13:31 UTC

with the latest version of youtube-dl is just works, very nice.
can even proxy the whole thing over privoxy and tor, fucking great. fast, too. got around 1,5 Mib/s.
thanks again.