Subject: Bug
From: invalid@invalid.invalid (crDxNbup)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 17:49 UTC
rslight.i2p web site does not display cyrillic subject line.
Example: http://rslight.i2p/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=3&group=rocksolid.ru.talk#3

Subject: Re: Bug
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 22:46 UTC
On Wed, 8 May 2019 17:49:11 -0000 (UTC)
crDxNbup <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

rslight.i2p web site does not display cyrillic subject line.
Example:
http://rslight.i2p/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=3&group=rocksolid.ru.talk#3

Looks like a problem when saving to cache, then reading to produce web
page. I'll take a look soon and see what I can do. The page is UTF-8,
but the content is never getting to the web server, it's getting lost
in reading/caching.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 23:47 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

On Wed, 8 May 2019 17:49:11 -0000 (UTC)
crDxNbup <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

rslight.i2p web site does not display cyrillic subject line.
Example:
http://rslight.i2p/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=3&group=rocksolid.ru.talk#3

Looks like a problem when saving to cache, then reading to produce web
page. I'll take a look soon and see what I can do. The page is UTF-8,
but the content is never getting to the web server, it's getting lost
in reading/caching.

I found the issue displaying KOI8-R subject lines (body was fine), which seems to be working ok now.

Now I need to address posting. I have not worked on this yet but will try to get some time soon. It's a matter of proper base64 encoding/decoding.

Posted on Rocksolid Light.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 05:29 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

On Wed, 8 May 2019 17:49:11 -0000 (UTC)
crDxNbup <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

rslight.i2p web site does not display cyrillic subject line.
Example:

http://rslight.i2p/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=3&group=rocksolid.ru.talk#3

Looks like a problem when saving to cache, then reading to produce web
page. I'll take a look soon and see what I can do. The page is UTF-8,
but the content is never getting to the web server, it's getting lost
in reading/caching.

I found the issue displaying KOI8-R subject lines (body was fine), which seems to be working ok now.

Now I need to address posting. I have not worked on this yet but will try to get some time soon. It's a matter of proper base64 encoding/decoding.

Retro Guy

Display and posting both seem to work now. I have not tried with longer subject lengths, so I can't be sure if that's ok. Let's hope so.

Posted on Rocksolid Light.

From: OYfHqqfw7aycaGM@qolludh.vkl (FQMu3DMn)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 09:06 UTC
On 2019-05-10 05:29, you wrote:

Display and posting both seem to work now. I have not tried with longer
subject lengths, so I can't be sure if that's ok. Let's hope so.

There is difference between original subject line and displayed.

Флибуста - независимый библиотечный ресурс. Как и в любой библиотеке,
просьба соблюдать чистоту, порядок и спокойствие. Здесь читают и работают
хорошие люди.

Флибуста - независимы й библиотечный ресурс. Как и в любой библиоте ке,
                     ^                                             ^
просьба соблюдать чистоту, порядок и спок ойствие. Здесь читают и работают
                                         ^
хорошие люди▓┬╪╜ └
            ^^^^ - have no idea what is it.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 09:38 UTC

On 2019-05-10 05:29, you wrote:

Display and posting both seem to work now. I have not tried with longer
subject lengths, so I can't be sure if that's ok. Let's hope so.

There is difference between original subject line and displayed.

Флибуста - независимый библиотечный
ресурс. Как и в любой библиотеке,
просьба соблюдать чистоту, порядок и
спокойствие. Здесь читают и работают
хорошие люди.

Флибуста - независимы й библиотечный
ресурс. Как и в любой библиоте ке,
                     ^                                             ^
просьба соблюдать чистоту, порядок и спок
ойствие. Здесь читают и работают
                                         ^
хорошие люди▓┬╪╜ └
            ^^^^ - have no idea what is it.

I see that now. I'll need to get back on it when I'm able. The extra spaces may make sense due to the way I'm splitting the subject. I should be able to fix that. The trailing garbage characters, not sure why that is right now.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light.

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 10:03 UTC
On Fri, 10 May 2019 09:38:34 -0000 (UTC)

On 2019-05-10 05:29, you wrote:

[...]

Interesting: If I convert the string sent when you posted (by your
reader), the first part is (probably got word wrapped):

=?koi8-r?B?5szJwtXT1MEgLSDOxdrB18nTyc3Z?=?koi8-r?B?yiDCycLMyc/Uxd7O2cog0sXT1dLTLiDrwcsgySDXIMzAws/KIMLJwszJz9TF?=?koi8-r?B?y8UsINDSz9PYwsEg08/CzMDEwdTYIN7J09TP1NUsINDP0tHEz8sgySDT0M/L?=?koi8-r?B?z8rT1NfJxS4g+sTF09gg3snUwcDUIMkg0sHCz9TBwNQgyM/Sz9vJxSDMwMTJ?=?koi8-r?Q?=2E?
This decodes to:

Флибуста - независимы й библиотечный ресурс. Как и в любой библиоте ке,
просьба соблюдать чистоту, порядок и спок ойствие. Здесь читают и
работают хорошие люди

But this:

5szJwtXT1MEgLSDOxdrB18nTyc3ZyiDCycLMyc/Uxd7O2cog0sXT1dLTLiDrwcsgySDXIMzAws/KIMLJwszJz9TFy8UsINDSz9PYwsEg08/CzMDEwdTYIN7J09TP1NUsINDP0tHEz8sgySDT0M/Lz8rT1NfJxS4g+sTF09gg3snUwcDUIMkg0sHCz9TBwNQgyM/Sz9vJxSDMwMTJ

Decodes to:

Флибуста - независимый библиотечный ресурс. Как и в любой библиотеке,
просьба соблюдать чистоту, порядок и спокойствие. Здесь читают и
работают хорошие люди

The method used by rslight to decode would explain the extra spaces,
that can be fixed. Then I'll need to clean up (figure out why) there is
garbage at the end of the string.

From: Retro Guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 06:28 UTC
I believe it is much improved now. There are still bugs, but may be useable at this point.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 09:01 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

I believe it is much improved now. There are still bugs, but may be useable at this point.

At this point, I think it's working properly. The rest of the bugs I was aware of related to multibyte character handling have been addressed and hopefully solved.

Truncating for thread view works without breaking things, and subject is now only encoded if necessary.

Posted on Rocksolid Light.

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 16:45 UTC

Hi Retro Guy, great to hear, can you upload your latest sources ? Or are those on def3 the latest ?