Subject: that fixed social as well
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 13:02 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 06:02:39 -0700
so if i understand you correctly message_read run independently from rslight might be the cause.

i have to look at the code you posted.

Subject: Re: that fixed social as well
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 23:04 UTC
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 23:04 UTC
View all headers
Anonymous wrote:

so if i understand you correctly message_read run independently from rslight might be the cause.

"Might" be the cause. I'm not certain. Just seems strange that the exact same code using the same upstream server through the same network on my test site does not exhibit any of these issues.

I know that newsportal creates data/thread/cache files of it's own, and I'm not sure if running message_read without doing some of the other tasks could make a message not appear. I know that rslight won't show a message even if it exists if it doesn't have the correct support files in place.

The new function I sent simply pulls the article from the spool and puts it into an array for message_parse. Then returns the result.

www.novabbs.com