Subject: Re: Why I Quit Google
From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:02 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-30/google-and-mastercard-cut-a-secret-ad-deal-to-track-retail-sales

https://thenextweb.com/google/2018/08/31/google-and-mastercard-are-secretly-tracking-your-offline-purchases/

Just some Google bashing.  I found a similar story in video format but you can do your own searches if it is that
important to you!
Posted on: def3.i2p

From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-to5-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 00:21 UTC
  To: Guest
Guest wrote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-30/google-and-mastercard-cut-a-secret-ad-deal-to-track-retail-sales

https://thenextweb.com/google/2018/08/31/google-and-mastercard-are-secretly-tracking-your-offline-purchases/

Just some Google bashing.  I found a similar story in video format but you
can do your own searches if it is that
important to you!
Posted on: def3.i2p

Thanks for the links, it makes more sense. The OP said that he was charged on his new card without authorizing, then told that Google purchases CC numbers. That leads to the impression that Google buys credit card numbers then charges things on them.

The above links make it much more clear what Google is doing with these, and it really shouldn't lead to unauthorized charges. I don't agree with the arrangements between Google and the CC companies, but it doesn't appear to be fraud.

--- Synchronet 3.17a-Linux NewsLink 1.108
Posted on RetroBBS

From: AnonUser@retrobbs2.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 01:51 UTC
These are two different stories altogether.
If the first could be backed up by evidence, it could be a big thing.

Would not surprise me really if Google would be acting criminal, but would be nice to have some kind of proof.
--
Posted on RetroBBS II