Subject: ping Retro Guy
From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-1239-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 15:26 UTC
  To: rocksolid.nodes.help
Syncing seems to be fully off between your servers and mine. I cannot telnet to your addresses either. My servers seem to running ok. Any idea ?

Subject: Re: ping Retro Guy
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 22:51 UTC
AnonUser wrote:

  To: rocksolid.nodes.help
Syncing seems to be fully off between your servers and mine. I cannot telnet to your addresses either. My servers seem to running ok. Any idea ?

Thanks for catching that.

I found i2prouter to be down and have just restarted it. I'll look later to see why it might have died or crashed.

I'll check tor also, but might have to wait a few hours (real life stuff to do)

From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-v8s-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 23:22 UTC
  To: Retro Guy
dgqrm* is back for me, and it says:
200 i2pn2.org .... (no posting)
seems like something is up with the news server as well.
can you connect to my servers ? because i also receive no pushes.

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-7sy-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 23:28 UTC
  To: AnonUser
AnonUser wrote:

dgqrm* is back for me, and it says:
200 i2pn2.org .... (no posting)
seems like something is up with the news server as well.
can you connect to my servers ? because i also receive no pushes.

I need to leave now for a few hours. I'll check it all out when I return later. Hopefully it's something simple.

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 00:04 UTC

well, pushing seems to be back, as you can (hopefully) see.

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-d1w-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 06:44 UTC
  To: anon
anon wrote:

well, pushing seems to be back, as you can (hopefully) see.

looks good. hopefully it was just i2prouter being down. no way to send or receive from your servers to mine without it.

maybe we add a tor connection at some point?

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-khe-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 06:49 UTC
  To: AnonUser
AnonUser wrote:

dgqrm* is back for me, and it says:
200 i2pn2.org .... (no posting)
seems like something is up with the news server as well.

dgqrm* is a nnrpd connection only to i2pn2. It won't work for syncing inn servers, it's just a 'reader' connection.

On my end, I have you set up to connect to:

5frmwl* or tolul5v* for syncing. Both addresses have your clients whitelisted.

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 00:58 UTC
dgqrm* is a nnrpd connection only to i2pn2. It won't work for syncing inn servers, it's just a 'reader' connection.

yes, i think i was only using this to sync with ff. but does "no post" mean that it will also not accept new messages from readers (meaning ff) ?

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-1h1-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 01:39 UTC
  To: trw
trw wrote:

dgqrm* is a nnrpd connection only to i2pn2. It won't work for syncing inn
servers, it's just a 'reader' connection.

yes, i think i was only using this to sync with ff. but does "no post" mean
that it will also not accept new messages from readers (meaning ff) ?

It will accept posts from authenticated (logged in) readers, which ff does. So that should work fine. But it won't accept peer connections from inn servers.

Once you see (no posting), the reader can authenticate, which ff does.

Subject: test (was: ping Retro Guy)
From: Retro Guy@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 02:24 UTC