rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes / Re: wow, you know how to post random stuff

SubjectAuthor
* It's a weapon similar to a Japanese sword.AnonUser
+* wow, you know how to post random stuffAnonymous
|`* Re: wow, you know how to post random stuffAnonUser
| `- Re: wow, you know how to post random stuffAnonUser
+- yeah okayAnonymous
+* so what is up with these swords ?Anonymous
|`- Re: so what is up with these swords ?AnonUser
`* 環首刀Anonymous
 `- Re: 環首刀AnonUser

Subject: It's a weapon similar to a Japanese sword.
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 01:46 UTC
http://pmtd1a332.pic37.websiteonline.cn/upload/2_94ow.jpg
Many people are unaware of the existence of these knives, I looked them up on the internet and it is very likely that the Han Dynasty relied on them to repel the Huns.
novabbs.i2p

Subject: wow, you know how to post random stuff
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 09:35 UTC
can you at least take the right board then (which would be offtopic) ?

Subject: Re: wow, you know how to post random stuff
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:22 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

can you at least take the right board then (which would be offtopic) ?

I've never used a forum like this before, so I'm just posting random posts
novabbs.i2p

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:29 UTC
AnonUser wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

can you at least take the right board then (which would be offtopic) ?

I've never used a forum like this before, so I'm just posting random posts

Oh, you're fine. Just look through the list of groups and try to find a group that best suits your subject. This is the internet, everybody expects you to do everything just right :)

BTW, when I saw the subject line of your post, I thought it was going to be the wolvering guy jumping out of his car, lol.

news.novabbs.com

Subject: yeah okay
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:30 UTC
I've never used a forum like this before, so I'm just posting random posts

please do that in offttopic. this group here is for discussion on the nodes of this forum.

Subject: so what is up with these swords ?
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 17:28 UTC
i can see that they are straight, in contrast to the typical samurai sword (that you can see in movies at least).
are they for one or two hands ?

Subject: Re: so what is up with these swords ?
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 01:02 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

i can see that they are straight, in contrast to the typical samurai sword (that you can see in movies at least).
are they for one or two hands ?

Most short ones use one hand, too long ones use both, and one-handed knives are used in conjunction with defensive devices. And some types of this weapon are curved, but unlike curved Japanese knives, which are concave in the middle, Japanese swords are bulge in the middle.

By the way, the name of this weapon is:環首刀
novabbs.i2p

Subject: 環首刀
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 12:50 UTC
環首刀
how is that pronounced ?
what does it mean (literally) ?

Subject: Re: 環首刀
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 00:19 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

環首刀
how is that pronounced ?
what does it mean (literally) ?

huán shǒu dāo

Literally: a sword with an iron ring on the handle.
novabbs.i2p