Subject: Re: i was too optimistic
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 08:49 UTC
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 08:49 UTC
View all headers
Anonymous wrote:

the overboard has some problem, it runs partly and fails with a 500 to the client.
where does rslight log such things ?

The overboard does not log right now. I'll be adding more logging to things in future releases. Right now, it's just some of the stuff in /etc/rslight/scripts that logs. Logs are kept in /var/spool/rslight/log

I'm sure the problem is it is hanging on one messages. Since there is no footer, the script is never completing so it times out. I suspect than an incomplete messasge may not end in a dot(.) if never fully transferred and the script is stuck in a loop. I plan to improve overboard.php to not let this happen in the next release, and I've not actually seen it happen on any of my sites, I just suspect that may be it as I think the code would choke on such a message.

Let's see what completely rebuilding the spool does.

www.novabbs.com