rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes.announce / Re: ok

SubjectAuthor
* rslight-0.6.5dRetro Guy
+* Re: rslight-0.6.5dRetro Guy
|`* Re: rslight-0.6.5dAnonUser
| `* Re: rslight-0.6.5dRetro Guy
|  `* Re: rslight-0.6.5dRetro Guy
|   `- Re: rslight-0.6.5dRetro Guy
+- this is your favorite guineapig againAnonymous
+- of, the threads are intact nowAnonymous
+* i have a feature request for rslightAnonymous
|`- Re: i have a feature request for rslightRetro Guy
+* i was too optimisticAnonymous
|`- Re: i was too optimisticRetro Guy
+* also missing indecesAnonymous
|`- Re: also missing indecesRetro Guy
+- status report :-)Anonymous
+- several newsserversAnonymous
+* NoneAnonymous
|`- Re: Noneanonymous
+* still problemsAnonymous
|`* Re: still problemsRetro Guy
| +- Re: still problemsRetro Guy
| `* Re: still problemsanonymous
|  `* Re: still problemsRetro Guy
|   `* Re: still problemsanon
|    +- Re: still problemsRetro Guy
|    `* Re: still problemsRetro Guy
|     `- Re: still problemsanonymous
+- message can be accessed nowAnonymous
+- i don't get itAnonymous
+- still not working, reallyAnonymous
+* charset in subjectsAnonymous
|`- Re: charset in subjectsRetro Guy
+- this was vichanAnonymous
+* first sync after changeAnonymous
|`* Re: first sync after changeRetro Guy
| `* Re: first sync after changeRetro Guy
|  `* Re: first sync after changeRetro Guy
|   `- Re: first sync after changeRetro Guy
+- deleted the spool filesAnonymous
+* that fixed social as wellAnonymous
|`- Re: that fixed social as wellRetro Guy
+- Re: rslight-0.6.5danon
+* the new function works at leastAnonymous
|`* Re: the new function works at leastRetro Guy
| `* Re: the new function works at leastanon
|  `- Re: the new function works at leastRetro Guy
+- so far so goodAnonymous
+* but the message is thereAnonymous
|`- Re: but the message is thereRetro Guy
+* okAnonymous
|`* Re: okRetro Guy
| `* Re: okRetro Guy
|  `* Re: okRetro Guy
|   `* Re: okRetro Guy
|    `* Re: okRetro Guy
|     `* Re: okRetro Guy
|      `* Re: okRetro Guy
|       `* Re: okRetro Guy
|        `- Re: okRetro Guy
+* watermarksAnonymous
|`- Re: watermarksRetro Guy
+* the new spoolnews.phpAnonymous
|`- Re: the new spoolnews.phpRetro Guy
+- seems to be workingAnonymous
+* now can you explain why the bugsAnonymous
|`- Re: now can you explain why the bugsRetro Guy
`- this fixed quite a lotAnonymous

Subject: Re: ok
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 23:58 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

now i see what you mean. well, at least i am down from a fully dysfunctional group to a missing reply. :-)

What do you see in /var/spool/rslight/rocksolid/192.xxx for last article number for programming and social?

This is what it should be from the server:

200 i2pn2.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.6.1 ready (no posting)
group rocksolid.programming
211 64 1 64 rocksolid.programming
group rocksolid.social
211 10 1 10 rocksolid.social

So, programming:64 and social:10

www.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 00:04 UTC
Interesting... I may have found a bug.

Checking it out...

--
Posted on: rslight Debian test site
192.168.0.220

From: Retro Guy@anon.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 00:26 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Interesting... I may have found a bug.

Checking it out...

Found a problem specific to r.s.programming, which is weird. Making a minor change to spoolnews.php to see what's going on.

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: Retro Guy@anon.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 00:29 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

Interesting... I may have found a bug.

Checking it out...

Found a problem specific to r.s.programming, which is weird. Making a minor change to spoolnews.php to see what's going on.

Added some logging before and after pulling a message. Let's see...

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: Retro Guy@anon.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 00:33 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

Interesting... I may have found a bug.

Checking it out...

Found a problem specific to r.s.programming, which is weird. Making a minor change to spoolnews.php to see what's going on.

Added some logging before and after pulling a message. Let's see...

Jun 02 00:29:26 rocksolid Trying to get: 192.xxx rocksolid.nodes.announce:224
Jun 02 00:29:28 rocksolid Wrote to spool: 192.xxx rocksolid.nodes.announce:224

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 00:36 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

Interesting... I may have found a bug.

Checking it out...

Found a problem specific to r.s.programming, which is weird. Making a minor change to spoolnews.php to see what's going on.

Added some logging before and after pulling a message. Let's see...

Jun 02 00:29:26 rocksolid Trying to get: 192.xxx rocksolid.nodes.announce:224
Jun 02 00:29:28 rocksolid Wrote to spool: 192.xxx rocksolid.nodes.announce:224

Added one more line (Unexpected response to ARTICLE command: ...)

www.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 00:43 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

Interesting... I may have found a bug.

Checking it out...

Found a problem specific to r.s.programming, which is weird. Making a minor change to spoolnews.php to see what's going on.

Added some logging before and after pulling a message. Let's see...

Jun 02 00:29:26 rocksolid Trying to get: 192.xxx rocksolid.nodes.announce:224
Jun 02 00:29:28 rocksolid Wrote to spool: 192.xxx rocksolid.nodes.announce:224

Added one more line (Unexpected response to ARTICLE command: ...)

The modified spoolnews.php now checks for problems in maintaing last article retrieved in config, plus adds above logging.

Could you please pull spoolnews.php.txt from the download directory and give it a try if you get a chance? Obviously, remove '.txt'.

Thanks!

www.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 02:04 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Could you please pull spoolnews.php.txt from the download directory and give it a try if you get a chance? Obviously, remove '.txt'.

Hold off on that. Digging for bugs found me another bug :)

Working on it...

www.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 03:01 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

Could you please pull spoolnews.php.txt from the download directory and give it a try if you get a chance? Obviously, remove '.txt'.

Hold off on that. Digging for bugs found me another bug :)

Working on it...

Ok, the script is back on the download site. If you install it, please back up your spoolnews.php first. This is really just a messy test.

www.novabbs.com

Subject: watermarks
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 06:36 UTC
rocksolid.nodes:336
rocksolid.nodes.help:75
rocksolid.nodes.announce:229
rocksolid.shared.encryption:40
rocksolid.shared.entertainment:91
rocksolid.shared.freenet:15
rocksolid.shared.general:166
rocksolid.shared.hacking:159
rocksolid.shared.helpdesk:101
rocksolid.shared.i2p:199
rocksolid.shared.linux:69
rocksolid.shared.news:172
rocksolid.shared.offtopic:199
rocksolid.programming:180
rocksolid.shared.rocksolid:259
rocksolid.shared.security:126
rocksolid.social:159
rocksolid.shared.test:1101
rocksolid.shared.tor:112

That seems a little off vs the expectations.

Will try the new script soon.

Posted on def2.i2p