rocksolid / rocksolid.shared.rocksolid / Re: Can't access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbs

SubjectAuthor
* Can't access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbsMei
+* Re: Can't access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbsRetro Guy
|`* Re: Can't access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbsRetro Guy
| `* Re: Can't access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbsMei
|  +* Re: Can't access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbsRetro Guy
|  |`- Re: Can't access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbsRetro Guy
|  `- Re: Can't access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbsRetro Guy
`* Re: Can't access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbsRetro Guy
 +* Re: Can't access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbsanon

Subject: Re: Can't access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbs
From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-hb4-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 00:41 UTC
  To: anon
anon wrote:

If a message 'References' header contained the message id of the message itself, a php script would get caught in a loop trying to thread the messages.

I think this is a classic bug if there is one. Just wonder what is the reason to write such a message in the first place ?

Exactly. Such a message shouldn't exist but must be planned for.

This was a post titled 'posted via a python script'. Someone was playing with writing a script to post and most likely did this by mistake. His second message had a different References header.

Other readers had no problem, but rslight timed out on it but it's fixed now.

www.rocksolidbbs.com

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-dqz-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 09:30 UTC
  To: Mei
Mei wrote:

Debugging the lack of activity, THAT would be worthy of some credit :D I guess I could try starting a political argument. Haaaaaaa! :P

Whether any more users come to rocksolid or not, I don't know. Either way, it's fun to maintain, grow and work on interfaces even if not many see it.

<sarcasm>It's just a federated group of forums with multiple ways to connect, that continues even if 90% of the interfaces go away. You know, just like all the other past forums that just disappear one day and all messages are gone :)</sarcasm>

www.rocksolidbbs.com

From: Mei@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 15:16 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:
Whether any more users come to rocksolid or not, I don't know. Either way, it's fun to maintain, grow and work on interfaces even if not many see it.

Imagine all the wonderful complaints you'll get when there are thousands of people on here!

<sarcasm>It's just a federated group of forums with multiple ways to connect, that continues even if 90% of the interfaces go away. You know, just like all the other past forums that just disappear one day and all messages are gone :)</sarcasm>

Boooriiing! Just another federated forum thing, psh :P

I'll go ahead and hope it does better than Syndie and some others :) I guess FMS is still going, if you count that... maybe the quiet isn't so bad!
rslight.i2p

Subject: Re: Can&#39;t access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbs
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 19:47 UTC

I'll go ahead and hope it does better than Syndie and some others :)

I think rocksolid is leading: we have 5 users, Syndie has 3.

It's still fun to build and maintain it. Maybe we will grow one day, maybe not. What is always striking me is how many lurkers we have (you can see this on def4).

Subject: Re: Can&amp;#39;t access comp.lang.python on rslight/novabbs
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 19:48 UTC

(you can see this on def4).

I meant def3, of course, def4 is not showing any stats.