Subject: new sections on def3
From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 19:42 UTC
as of now, def3 will have:
rocksolid.feeds.indymedia.*: already on def4, a collection from rss feeds from various indymedia sites around the globe, and
rocksolid.users.*: which will enable other nodes to pick them up, so that they will federated.

cheers trw
Posted on def3

Subject: Re: new sections on def3
From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 20:52 UTC
also added various newgroups around programming, organized mostly by language. most of these forums wait to be populated, my news server shows me 'hiload' atm.

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 02:58 UTC
On Sun, 06 Oct 2019 16:52:46 -0400
trw <trw@i2pmail.org> wrote:

also added various newgroups around programming, organized mostly by
language. most of these forums wait to be populated, my news server
shows me 'hiload' atm.

Nice setup! I really like the way def3 is looking.

Retro Guy

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:24 UTC
added programming and social as groups on def3, and on the news server.
Posted on def3

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 14:53 UTC
and added a whole chunk of new groups under the new categories "Newgroups: various" and "Newgroups: the arts". The group structures are ripped off shamelessly from rslight (like already the case with Programming and comptalk). Thanks, Retro Guy, for the nice curation of the groups. Most of them seem to be alive and not full of spam. Nice job.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 23:00 UTC
trw wrote:

and added a whole chunk of new groups under the new categories "Newgroups:
various" and "Newgroups: the arts". The group structures are ripped off shamelessly from rslight (like already the case with Programming and comptalk). Thanks, Retro Guy, for the nice curation of the groups. Most of them seem to be alive and not full of spam. Nice job.

Looking good at def3!

I'm glad the group lists work out. I did put a lot of time checking each group to try to avoid groups that were just spam, etc.

I'd like to find more, but it takes time and effort. I'm always interested in suggestions for groups, that's how alt.arts.poetry.comments was added. I was unfamiliar with the groups, but the group's participants pointed out it wasn't on novabbs.