rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes / Re: def4 is not working (well)

SubjectAuthor
* def4 is not working (well)anonymous
+* Re: def4 is not working (well)anonymous
|`* Re: def4 is not working (well)anonymous
| `- Re: def4 is not working (well)anonymous
+* Re: def4 is not working (well)rrtertert
|`* Re: def4 is not working (well)Retro Guy
| `* Re: def4 is not working (well)trw
|  `- Re: def4 is not working (well)Retro Guy
+- Re: def4 is not working (well)trw
`* Re: def4 is not working (well)trw
 `- Re: def4 is not working (well)AnonUser

Subject: Re: def4 is not working (well)
From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 00:03 UTC
took it off for now. something is wrong with the indexing, or something...-- Posted on def2

Subject: def4 is not working (well)
From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 18:42 UTC
new messages are not synced to def4 atm. most likely a local problem.
use def2 or another node for the time being.-- Posted on def2

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 22:28 UTC
Just saw these messages now. If def4 uses def5 (nntp), maybe check disk space? I did see an error yesterday from def5 that said out of space.

Also, have you changed the i2p tunnels outgoing to rocksolid2/0? It appears the ident hash has changed for both def2 and def5. If you didn't change anything, then I'll be curious why that happened.

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 19:48 UTC
Just saw these messages now. If def4 uses def5 (nntp), maybe check disk
space? >I did see an error yesterday from def5 that said out of space.

I freed up some space, but the problem persists, I took the node off again. Guess the news server has some kind of hickup.

Also, have you changed the i2p tunnels outgoing to rocksolid2/0? It appears
the >ident hash has changed for both def2 and def5. If you didn't change anything, >then I'll be curious why that happened.

I did not change anything, restarted the router, though.-- Posted on def2

From: rrtertert@anon.com (rrtertert)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 09:01 UTC

turns out the messages have been synced (at least partly), but bbs did not display them. there must be some fuckup in the indexing engine. guess faulty regex.

Posted on def4

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 09:24 UTC
On Fri, 05 Apr 2019 09:01:44+0000
rrtertert <rrtertert@anon.com> wrote:

turns out the messages have been synced (at least partly), but bbs
did not display them. there must be some fuckup in the indexing
engine. guess faulty regex.

Posted on def4

If you have any inn errors, they should show up in the log files
in /var/log/news

Maybe a rebuild of history/overview is needed? It's time consuming.
Last time I did that, I went to bed then forgot to restart inn2 the
next day. I should have just added the restart at the end of the script.

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 16:50 UTC

luckily it seems that there is nothing wring with inn (although it might require a minimum space, that i have to find out yet). but mostly the root cause should be in my own scripts, which is kind of a relieve...

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 03:23 UTC
On Fri, 05 Apr 2019 16:50:30+0000
trw <trw@anon.com> wrote:

luckily it seems that there is nothing wring with inn (although it
might require a minimum space, that i have to find out yet). but
mostly the root cause should be in my own scripts, which is kind of a
relieve...

I believe the minimum before throttling on Debian is 25Meg.  See
inn.conf:

innwatchspoolspace
    Free space in patharticles and pathoverview, in inndf(8) output
units (normally kilobytes), at which innd(8) will be throttled by
innwatch(8), assuming a default innwatch.ctl. The default value is
8000.

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 12:00 UTC

I found some glitches in the code, and repaired most of them.
Some are a bit complex. Thinking about rewriting the indexing anyway...might be a good start with python...

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 19:24 UTC

finally found a way to get around this darn space problem i had, so def4 should be much more stable in the future.
there are not many posters on def4, but a lot of lurkers or bots... so rejoice, we are back in business...