rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes / Re: Postmill thread

SubjectAuthor
* Postmill threadtrw
+- Re: Postmill threadtrw
+* Re: Postmill threadtrw
|`- Re: Postmill threadanonymous
+* Re: Postmill threadtrw
|`* Re: Postmill threadRetro Guy
| `* Re: Postmill threadanonymous
|  `* Re: Postmill threadRetro Guy
|   `* Re: Postmill threadtrw
|    `* Re: Postmill threadanonymous
|     `* Re: Postmill threadanonymous
|      `* Re: Postmill threadanonymous
|       `* Re: Postmill threadanonymous
|        `* Re: Postmill threadRetro Guy
|         `* Re: Postmill threadanonymous
|          `* Re: Postmill threadRetro Guy
|           `* Re: Postmill threadanonymous
|            `- Re: Postmill threadanonymous
+* Re: Postmill threadtrw
|+- Re: Postmill threadtrw
|`- Re: Postmill threadRetro Guy
`* Re: Postmill threadanon
 `* Re: Postmill threadRetro Guy
  `* Re: Postmill threadanon
   `- Re: Postmill threadanon

Subject: Re: Postmill thread
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 11:24 UTC
trw wrote:

but of course it would need some sort of link to nntp.

Just came across this project: http://pessoal.org/papercut/

It's a python project designed specifically to allow a forum to integrate with nntp. I haven't looked closely at it, and I don't know python, but it looks interesting. The author originally designed it to integrate Phorum (http://phorum.org/)

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 22:57 UTC

i looked at papercut at the very beginning of rocksolid, when i could not get inn2 to run (before you created your first vm).
there should even be a thread for this, if it has not disappeared when def.i2p went down.
anyway, i could not get it to run, which is maybe not surprising given the age of code base. with enough time and effort, it could be a nice alternative, though (i'm afraid more time and effort than i can spend atm).
phorum also looks nice (needs some css, i guess).

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 23:33 UTC
anon wrote:

i looked at papercut at the very beginning of rocksolid, when i could not get inn2 to run (before you created your first vm).
there should even be a thread for this, if it has not disappeared when def.i2p went down.

I thought it sounded familiar, but couldn't find the thread.
anyway, i could not get it to run, which is maybe not surprising given the age of code base. with enough time and effort, it could be a nice alternative, though (i'm afraid more time and effort than i can spend atm).

Yes, old code can be a challenge to get working. porting newsportal to php7 was quite a job. One which I almost quit on several times.

phorum also looks nice (needs some css, i guess).

I have yet to look a phorum, but I will in the near future.

At this point, your ff mods are looking great! It's like a completely different interface. One thing I'd really like to see working better in ff is when it fails to send a message, it seems to never try again so messages are lost. I have that problem on my install also.

Right now, ff and rslight seem to be decent interfaces as they mature. I mean, interfaces a new user can work with quickly.

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 12:54 UTC

One thing I'd really like to see working better in ff is when it fails to send a message, it seems to never try again so messages are lost. I have that problem on my install also.

I guess this is about resetting some internal counter somewhere. Guess I will look into that at one point, I find it annoying as well.

Posted on def4

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 18:48 UTC

i think the code is in FUDFORUM/theme/default/imsg_edt.inc, line 568 and following. the post_message function from nntp.inc is called, but it is not checked if successful or not.