Subject: Cisco strikes again
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 18:14 UTC

I think they are an NSA shill, that's the only reasonable explanation:

https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-telnetd-EFJrEzPx#details

A critical vuln in their telnet server module which ships with a lot of their routers. Yes you read correctly, Cisco is still using telnet on their boxes to do administrative tasks. And this is not an exception, neither, but standard policy for Cisco, because you need to pay extra license money if you want to use ssh (https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-management/ios-license-questions-also-ssh/td-p/4015572).

LMAO. What kind of victims still buy this shit ?

Subject: Re: Cisco strikes again
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 06:11 UTC
anon wrote:

I think they are an NSA shill, that's the only reasonable explanation:

https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-telnetd-EFJrEzPx#details

A critical vuln in their telnet server module which ships with a lot of their routers. Yes you read correctly, Cisco is still using telnet on their boxes to do administrative tasks. And this is not an exception, neither, but standard policy for Cisco, because you need to pay extra license money if you want to use ssh (https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-management/ios-license-questions-also-ssh/td-p/4015572).

LMAO. What kind of victims still buy this shit ?

"The Cisco Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) is aware that proof-of-concept exploit code is available for the vulnerability that is described in this advisory."

What's the exploit code, a telnet client?

So the problem is that if you run the telnet server, you're vulnerable. I could see this 30 years ago, but in 2020 I can only think something intentional is going on, as previous poster says. Put in intentional vulnerabilities then when caught, claim it's a bug.

www.novabbs.com

Subject: telnet ho
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 10:50 UTC
Attachments: 904d784e06cbd7d6cd968e42de87b054b2e4e0accaea6da39067e3d4225b3afd.jpeg (image/jpeg)
So the problem is that if you run the telnet server, you're vulnerable.

that. but these fuckers even manage to fuck up the fuck up.

Attachments: 904d784e06cbd7d6cd968e42de87b054b2e4e0accaea6da39067e3d4225b3afd.jpeg