Subject: Where to find more FUNCTIONING i2p sites?
From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-w8m-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 19:12 UTC
  To: rocksolid.shared.i2p
After literally years of intermittently trying i2p and abandoning it, convinced that its pretty much dead, I found retrobbs and the other nodes. Its like a new universe!

Where can I find more FUNCTIONING ip2 sites? --
Posted on RetroBBS

Subject: Re: Where to find more FUNCTIONING i2p sites?
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 21:18 UTC
this forum has a lot of addresses, some work, some don't.
also:
http://planet.i2p
http://identiguy.i2p/

same as on tor, services come and go all the time on i2p. these forums are an attempt to make things more stable and lasting, and also to connect different parts of the darknet to each other.

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 09:11 UTC
AnonUser wrote:

this forum has a lot of addresses, some work, some don't.
also:
http://planet.i2p
http://identiguy.i2p/

Exacty. It's a lot of just trying sites to see if they load and what they offer. I'm sure there are some cool sites, it's just hard to find them.

same as on tor, services come and go all the time on i2p. these forums are an attempt to make things more stable and lasting, and also to connect different parts of the darknet to each other.

Pretty good so far. Has lasted longer than a lot of projects here.

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 10:59 UTC
Exacty. It's a lot of just trying sites to see if they load and what they
offer. I'm sure there are some cool sites, it's just hard to find them.

There are maybe four to five sites in i2p where you can scrape new sites, I think identiguy is the best. There are also some usable search engines (imo legwork.i2p is the best). But there is no well curated index of eepsites that i know of, ever since i2pwiki went down (there is a static version now, but it is not quiet the same).
Want to build one ? idk what you mean by "cool sites", but there is everything in i2p from all kinds of forums, chans, social stuff, to leaked data, warez, political stuff, libraries and so on and so forth. granted it is not so much as on tor (or on clearnet, for that matter).
I think many people have just that crazy kind of idea about the darknets, mostly taken from articles and videos made by ignorant wannabe reporters, and then they usually start to search for kiddie porn, drugs, scam schemes and all kinds of things, hoping to find something on the darknets that does not exist in the clearnet...while the truth is that everything you could be looking for is firstly on the clearnet and in rl, then it comes in some extent to the darknets...the potential of the darknets is not to have unique content, but to make offering and requesting any content possible with a minimized risk for both the server and the user (surveillance and such). thats my position anyway.

So to cut a long story short: if you are missing a good linklist for eepsites, consider starting one. You are welcome to do that on this forum (or to request a new forum for the purpose, if you really want to go for it :-) Or host it yourself, of course (in that case post the link here, if you would).

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 00:17 UTC
well are we not lucky ? a well curated index including descriptions and screenshots of eepsites exits already, although on the clearnet, it is here:
https://www.darknetproxy.com/category/i2p-category.php

you can even find these forums with an outdated screenshot of def3 here:
https://www.darknetproxy.com/index.php?p=10

really nice work. would be even nicer to have this as an eepsite as well (maybe it exists ?)