Subject: Re: Unassailable: Protect Yourself from Deplatform Attacks,
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 23:53 UTC

to take control of your own online platform, protect yourself against the moral judgements of others and keep your message alive and accessible.

sounds a lot like this here forum. thanks for the links.

Posted on def4

From: Mei@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 22:46 UTC
I wonder why sometimes posts don't show up in the thread they're replying to.
rslight.i2p

From: retroguy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 23:31 UTC
Mei wrote:

I wonder why sometimes posts don't show up in the thread they're replying
to.

It looks like the post you're replying to does not have a References:
header, so the servers can't link it to what it's a reply to.

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 17:15 UTC

It looks like the post you're replying to does not have a References:
header, so the servers can't link it to what it's a reply to.

and here i thought this was specific to def4. you reencode the headers on your end, to make them fit to your public news server scheme, right, Retro Guy ? Could it have something to do with that ?

From: retroguy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 22:27 UTC
anon wrote:

It looks like the post you're replying to does not have a References:
header, so the servers can't link it to what it's a reply to.

and here i thought this was specific to def4. you reencode the headers on
your end, to make them fit to your public news server scheme, right, Retro
Guy ? Could it have something to do with that ?

I've thought it was specific to def4 also. I don't change any headers on my
end. If there is or isn't a References header, I don't add or remove it. The
path on the article in question goes from def5 to rocksolid2, both inn2
servers. To get out to usenet from there, it just goes to i2pn2 then to
peers, using all inn2 servers.

Looking at the source of the message at rocksolid2, the first place any of
my servers see it, there is no References header.

Retro Guy

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 00:25 UTC

ok, in this case it must a bug in bbs (or in the config of my inn2, maybe).

rocksolid light 0.6.5f
clearnet i2p tor