Subject: rslight 0.6.3 available for download
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:55 UTC
rslight 0.6.3 is now available.

This update has quite a few changes, and should really be handled as a new install. While it is easier to configure than before, configuration settings have moved to one larger file, allowing for easier upgrading, but is a major change.

If you already have a userbase, it's not hard to copy over and create encryption keys. Just let me know and I can walk you through it and provide a simple script to bring all user accounts up to date.

New features/changes:

Configuration settings moved to one location.

Server side encryption for messages between users of the same rslight site. Groups that allow encryption can be configured.

Check posts with spamassassin with a simple toggle in the settings. (a highly modified local.cf is a must for this to be useful)

Change authentication when connecting to a Synchronet server with a simple toggle. This also changes a few other things specific to Synchronet.

Overboard has been added. This requires a news spool, which can be emulated with the supplied 'spoolnews' script if you wish to use the overboard.

Lots of code cleanup. There is plenty more to clean up and work on, but hopefully this release is reasonably reade.

Download at Rocksolid Light by clicking on 'getrslight' in the upper right.
http://dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion/getrslight
http://rslight.i2p/getrslight
http://news.novabbs.com/getrslight

Subject: Re: rslight 0.6.3 available for download
From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 00:03 UTC
I finally took the time to install the new version, plus the css files from rslight (on this node under ./rs2/).
Handles well, but I still need to tweak some stuff (design and basic setup). Could you remind me in which file the login for the news server was stored in the older versions (or the variable name) ? I seem to have trouble to find them ... :-)

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-pe3-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 00:49 UTC
  To: anonymous
anonymous wrote:

I finally took the time to install the new version, plus the css files from rslight (on this node under ./rs2/).
Handles well, but I still need to tweak some stuff (design and basic setup). Could you remind me in which file the login for the news server was stored in the older versions (or the variable name) ? I seem to have trouble to find them ... :-)

Great, I'll take a look.

The login info was previously in config.inc.php in the rocksolid/ directory. As
of 0.6.3, that file includes /etc/rslight/rocksolid.inc.php, which should now
contain that info.

Also, when 0.6.4 is released, it doesn't change any directories, so should be
an easy upgrade.

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-nzg-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 01:02 UTC
  To: Retro Guy
Also, it seems your inn2 newsgroups file does not contain descriptions for the
rocksolid groups. In that case, rslight can display them from the groups file.

If you use the following for the groups file, descriptions should be displayed
in the groups list (after it's cache runs out or you deleted spool/groups.dat

Here it is:

:Rocksolid newsgroups...
rocksolid.nodes Discuss specific Rocksolid nodes.
rocksolid.nodes.help Questions and Help for node administration.
rocksolid.nodes.announce Rocksolid node announcements.
rocksolid.shared.encryption Public keys, encrypted messages etc.
rocksolid.shared.entertainment Entertainment discussion and articles.
rocksolid.shared.freenet Discussion and questions about Freenet.
rocksolid.shared.general General discussion, questions or requests.
rocksolid.shared.hacking What do you want to hack today.
rocksolid.shared.helpdesk Tech questions and maybe even answers.
rocksolid.shared.i2p Discussion and questions about I2P.
rocksolid.shared.linux Questions, comments and discussion of Linux.
rocksolid.shared.news In the News.
rocksolid.shared.offtopic If it doesn't fit, this is the place.
rocksolid.programming Programming related discussion.
rocksolid.shared.rocksolid Discuss the rocksolid network.
rocksolid.shared.security Tips, hints and articles about security.
rocksolid.social General non tech chat.
rocksolid.shared.test The place to test.
rocksolid.shared.tor Discussion and questions about Tor.

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-x4l-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 01:12 UTC
  To: Retro Guy
The overboard in 0.6.4 is much improved. It isn't working well on def2/rs2

If you keep it there, and don't move it yet to /rslight, I'll get an upgrade
tarball ready for 0.6.4 for you, which you can just copy over 0.6.3 The config stuff won't change so it's just copy it over and run. Hopefully that
will look better, and the colors in style.css are right at the top, making it
pretty easy to change the colors again (one line for each color, no need to dig
through the file).

I'll try to get this done in the next 8 hours or so.

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-ai6-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 02:05 UTC
  To: Retro Guy
Ok, rslight-0.6.4 is now available at rslight.i2p/getrslight

The config files in /etc/rslight should be the same as 0.6.3, so hopefully no
reason to modify them.

The only css now is style.css in 'common'. rslight.css is no longer used.

I just installed 0.6.4 on a test site, and it seems to work find out of the
box, so hopefully you can just overwrite 0.6.3 in def2.i2p/rs2 and it should
then be 0.6.4. Of course you need to rename the *.dist files accordingly.

Colors should all be at the top of style.css. It might take a couple of tries
to figure out which color is which, but should be easy after that. Hopefully this will bring def2 up to date to the latest. Of course I'll start
on 0.6.5 now, there will always be a newer version.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 02:52 UTC
Also, I sent you (trw) a script a couple of weeks ago via admin that will
create encryption keys for all existing users. New user keys are created when
accounts are created, this is just for the already existing user base.

It's a simple process, but must be done when upgrading a user base from a pre
0.6.3 install.

If your inn2 install is using chkpop, just symlink /var/www/chkpop/users and
/etc/rslight/users. Then both inn and rslight can use the same userbase. If you
see 'chkpop' in /etc/news/readers.conf then it is using chkpop.

userconfig/ must be in /etc/rslight.

rocksolid light 0.6.5f
clearnet i2p tor