rocksolid / rocksolid.shared.hacking / someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)

SubjectAuthor
* someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)anon
+- Re: someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)Mei
+- Re: someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)anon
+* Re: someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)Retro Guy
|`- Re: someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)anon
`* Re: someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)anon
 `* Re: someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)anon
  +- Re: someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)<keerthana
  `* Re: someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)Retro Guy
   `- Re: someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)anonymous

Subject: someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 15:48 UTC

to my surprise, this happens over i2p, not tor. also one modest attempt to get some intel on the server with forged http headers...
when kids have too much time on their hands to try silly stuff...
it will be interesting for me to see if anyone can get this server down (even over tor) by just hammering (i tried this myself out of curiosity a few times without success...).

Subject: Re: someone is hammering at my box service (boxs.i2p)
From: Mei@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 17:26 UTC
anon wrote:

to my surprise, this happens over i2p, not tor. also one modest attempt to get some intel on the server with forged http headers...
when kids have too much time on their hands to try silly stuff...
it will be interesting for me to see if anyone can get this server down (even over tor) by just hammering (i tried this myself out of curiosity a few times without success...).

Interesting site. Too bad it lacks end-to-end encryption, though. Do people just attack everything they can find? How did they find that?
rslight.i2p

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 19:18 UTC

Interesting site. Too bad it lacks end-to-end encryption,

If you need end-to-end, you have to use something else. This service was just meant to fill a gap I saw in the landscape of upload services, so to speak.
I thought about implementing it, but it basically explodes the effort you have to put into the programming (unless you do the en/decryption in the browser, in which case you would have to use js, and that is a no-no for me).

Do people just attack everything they can find?

Speaking from the experience I gathered during ca. 15 years of hosting services in darknets, the answer is yes.
It is a good test for any software, though. An acid bath that eats away anything that does not resist....:-)

How did they find that?

The site is pretty well known by now, and has more and more users.
Might also be that some eepsite with heavy traffic (is there such a thing ?) just hotlinked it, so that every visit of this site generates a request on my site too. cheers

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 01:38 UTC
anon wrote:

to my surprise, this happens over i2p, not tor. also one modest attempt to get some intel on the server with forged http headers...

I've noticed this also. While most come from tor and clearnet for me, I was surprised how much from i2p.

I notice on boxs at the top:
"The requested address is: boxs.i2p , make sure your browser shows this (and nothing else) in the address bar"
which is there for obvious reasons (inproxies, etc.). I found in the past with tor sites I've run (didn't check with i2p sites), but some of the proxy software rewrites the domain anywhere on the page.

So I had a domain 'whatever.onion', and if I put "This site is whatever.onion', then checked from a domain showing my site from theirs, it would say, "This site is 'a_different_domain.onion', which I found a bit rude, lol.

I ended up putting the domain name in a .png and putting that on the main page.

news.novabbs.com

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 11:29 UTC

I ended up putting the domain name in a .png and putting that on the main page.

That is a good solution. Maybe I will implement that as well.

Posted on def4

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 21:38 UTC

I just found by accident that i2p+ links directly to boxs.i2p now (don't when it started). but this could explain the peak in usage.

http://skank.i2p/imgs/oceanblue.png

Posted on def4

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 15:52 UTC

I ended up putting the domain name in a .png and putting that on the main page.

And done. This could still be hacked by ocr, but I doubt anyone would make the effort.

From: <keerthana@novabbs.i2p>
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 17:59 UTC
Nice blogs,Keep sharing the informative things...

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 01:33 UTC
Attachments: boxs.png (image/png)
anon wrote:

I ended up putting the domain name in a .png and putting that on the main page.

And done. This could still be hacked by ocr, but I doubt anyone would make the effort.

Looks good (see attached pic)

Attachments: boxs.png
From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 16:30 UTC
yeah, thanks for checking. doesn't work though if the proxy is suppressing images, like some of them do (tor2web for example). so i need to put a picture with an alt text.
z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion